Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

Cracking speech here from the army Chief of Staff, Sir Patrick Sanders.

British armed forces must be “ready to fight and win” v Russia. “Our willingness to shed blood will see us prevail” - too right.

I felt that NATO simply putting 400k troops on “high alert” wasn’t enough. Being “alert” isn’t enough - what good did that do in February? you have to be ready to fight. Clearly the army agrees.

Whole speech is worth a watch. It will be down to European NATO to hold down the fight v Russia, while the US wages war in the Indo-Pacific. Truss was saying similar about a month ago - good to see the unity of purpose amongst our politicians and military top brass, no matter what you think of the Tories.

Kenya and Oman will be 2 of the key sites in the war on Russia.

"We cannot be lighting the factory furnaces across the country on the eve of war. This effort must start now" - seems we need to shift to a war economy ASAP

"This is our moment. Seize it." -Churchillian end. Let’s see what the Putin apologists think of that.

We’ll more than likely need a new PM soon. Why not this chap? I’d say he’s more likely than anyone to show Putin the red card, and that has to be top priority atm.
Gone under the radar a bit this but I found it quite sobering, and a bit ominous tbh.

Interesting. Would be good to hear from a reputable source if a missile actually hit the shopping centre or not.

Think been discussed already. Anti ship missiles with accuracy designed for nuking carrier groups (i.e. Not that accurate - someone said up to 1km). Used as they're low on accurate missiles. Seems like factory was target but shopping center flattened at same time.

Sending ballistic missiles to the location during mid-afternoon shows the complete disregard for civilian life the Russian Federation leaders have.

During the middle of the night the shopping centre would have been empty of civilians but that wasn't even a consideration and never has been, as their track record shows.

Murderous intent to kill innocent civilians yet again.

Cracking speech here from the army Chief of Staff, Sir Patrick Sanders.

British armed forces must be “ready to fight and win” v Russia. “Our willingness to shed blood will see us prevail” - too right.

I felt that NATO simply putting 400k troops on “high alert” wasn’t enough. Being “alert” isn’t enough - what good did that do in February? you have to be ready to fight. Clearly the army agrees.

Whole speech is worth a watch. It will be down to European NATO to hold down the fight v Russia, while the US wages war in the Indo-Pacific. Truss was saying similar about a month ago - good to see the unity of purpose amongst our politicians and military top brass, no matter what you think of the Tories.

Kenya and Oman will be 2 of the key sites in the war on Russia.

"We cannot be lighting the factory furnaces across the country on the eve of war. This effort must start now" - seems we need to shift to a war economy ASAP

"This is our moment. Seize it." -Churchillian end. Let’s see what the Putin apologists think
We’ll more than likely need a new PM soon. Why not this chap? I’d say he’s more likely than anyone to show Putin the red card, and that has to be top priority atm.
'Fourth Industrial revolution', this is not is not normal talk from an Army superior?

Gone under the radar a bit this but I found it quite sobering, and a bit ominous tbh.

Maybe so, and I understand that point of view, but I would rather prepare to stand up and fight than take say the French / EU approach - hastily set up an European army which will probably rely on Russian fuel, all while sending money to Russia and trying not to upset Putin.

The US and the UK have been able to see what's coming for a while. It will probably be left up to us again, and its right that our leaders should prepare, and they have known it for some time. In spite of that, they haven't done enough so far - hopefully that will now change. No more turning a blind eye to Putin as he plots to rampage across Eastern Europe. Aggression must be returned with interest. Same applies to China.

This document released today by NATO. Bit of late night reading for Putin in para 28:

Nuclear weapons are unique. The circumstances in which NATO might have to use nuclear weapons are extremely remote. Any employment of nuclear weapons against NATO would fundamentally alter the nature of a conflict. The Alliance has the capabilities and resolve to impose costs on an adversary that would be unacceptable and far outweigh the benefits that any adversary could hope to achieve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back