Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

Which they wouldn't supply without it, or it would be worthless. Be assured that when they (USA) supply weapons they come with all the back-up systems they require to make them 100% effective, with artillery systems costing 20 m dollars each, they won't fuck around and just give them away, they have millions of dollars invested it these systems, with a whole supporting cast of technicians, operators and support staff required to go live, they need to transfer these roles to Ukrainian personnel before they get into the battle arena, so by the time they fire, I expect them to cause absolute mayhem in the battle zone. I think Zelensky's Christmases are all about to come true in the battlefields of Ukraine, I just hope that it's all military and not civilian casualties that ensue.
If and when the Ukrainians start to hammer the Ruskis with these weapons it's likely that the opposition will make hay with their propaganda claims.

The remote nature of artillery warfare is always a challenge for the 'information warriors' which, as we've seen, the Ruskis have barely even bothered with.

I wouldn't fancy being a citizen of DPR or LPR and being relocated to a new house in [INSERT TOWN NAME ].

Presumably that's why the Ruskis are kidnapping all these Ukrainians, so that they place them in harms way if and when the Ukrainians try to retake Donbass or Crimean territory.

Patrick Lancaster is not a reliable source.

Occupied Areas Update:

Russian forces are likely conducting false-flag artillery attacks against Russian-held territory to dissuade #Ukrainian sentiment and encourage the mobilization of proxy forces.

Smoker is like the ultimate fact checker on this thread mind. Put me right when I got the wrong end of the stick earlier in the thread.

Top man.
Cheers, the fiver's in the post.
If anyone wants a fairly objective update without having to wade through pro-Russian bullshit, I can recommend this guy on YouTube. He's Ukrainian but doesn't pull any punches when things aren't going well.

His message is Russia is making its artillery advantage count in the war of attrition. They're advancing slowly on three fronts in the east and have even re-captured a few villages in the south. They're not in any risk of achieving a decisive victory, and are running low on precision weapons, but that won't stop them indiscriminately shelling everything in their path.

Last edited:
apparently the (mercenary) pilot of a downed Russian plane. not the first mercenary pilot to be captured or killed.

more info:

The Garmin satnav is the most interesting part of that article.

We can surmise Russian military hardware is blocked by Navstar (owned by the US Govt) hence they need to use civilian devices. There must be some way to set an algorithm to stop this.

It might explain why they haven't carried out many aerial operations of late.

We can surmise Russian military hardware is blocked by Navstar (owned by the US Govt) hence they need to use civilian devices. There must be some way to set an algorithm to stop this.

yep, i used the translate service on some of the replies to the first tweet and those issues are mentioned a few times, as is the (possible) lack of pilots.

I also found it interesting that the highly skilled mercenary flying sorties in a war got paid 205k rubles per month. That's less than £3k per month. I would be wanting a canny bit more than that.

Russia holds all the aces fighting in the East. They have massive superiority in artillery , and couldn't give a fcuk about civilian casualties, or indeed casualties to their own troops. Ukraine is still heavily restricted by not being able to take the war into russia, and hitting supply lines and troop concentrations. We see loads of videos of exploding orc tanks etc., but sad fact is they are easily replaced

Cheers, the fiver's in the post.
If anyone wants a fairly objective update without having to wade through pro-Russian bullshit, I can recommend this guy on YouTube. He's Ukrainian but doesn't pull any punches when things aren't going well.

His message is Russia is making its artillery advantage count in the war of attrition. They're advancing slowly on three fronts in the east and have even re-captured a few villages in the south. They're not in any risk of achieving a decisive victory, and are running low on precision weapons, but that won't stop them indiscriminately shelling everything in their path.
His channel is really good and it's definatly even handed.

Interesting story where a scientist's company was '"invited" to contribute the equivalent of $1m to United Russia, Vladimir Putin's political party'. If this isn't extortionism, then what is? He fled to Hungary and deportation back to Russia is looming. Surely the EU and NATO must pull rank and put Orban's lot in their place.

Rocket man fights Russian demand to send him back

Back