Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

It is unfortunate that independent journalist Patrick Lancaster happened to be in the basement of a civilian factory with his film crew while it inexplicably came under attack from Ukrainian artillery. I've enjoyed Patrick's independent reports from the frontline.
:D

Donetsk the Ukrainian city aye?
It’s a sad state of affairs that I have to come in gear for the war news as it tends to hardly get a mention in the papers now !! Now ask me about Jonny Depp and I could tell you all the news.
This! Another reason why this thread having discussions in it as well as updates might help raise awareness!

Last edited:
The article below is brilliant and Trent Talenko, who was a senior US DoD civil servant had been tweeting a fair bit about US weapons and logistics which he is hugely experienced with.

Both are basically saying that the TV experts and journalists are offering a very superficial analysis of the impact weapons will have on the fight. Focussing on numbers of pieces and range.

Read the article below and the Trent Talento thread and it shows that in reality even in small numbers the Himars being delivered could be devastating for Russia.

It’s not just the number of pieces there is a distinct difference between a 1960’s Russian MLRS and the latest US equipment.

Ie the Russian one takes 4 hours to reload and needs separate trucks to do it. The US just needs the supply vehicle and takes 5 minutes.

The Russian unguided accuracy rating is 4%. The precision guided shells of the US are over 90%.

Message seems to be one US Himars is worth many many multiples of the Soviet era Russian tech on the battlefield. So ignore the number of units - If the Ukrainians get good training, use them well, keep them supplied and keep them safe with air defence then even 4 could change the picture in the Donbas

I think Trent Talenko said on paper just 4 alone could hit 2,300 Russian targets with precision a day. Real world more like 3-500. Which is still massive

Nice of Belarus and Russia offering to protect Ukraine from a Polish invasion on Ukraine's western border. :lol:

Dont think fatty would dare to send his troops to war, he doesn't t have the support of his country, or his army. If he did they would have invaded along with the orcs back in February.
Unfortunately his presence to the North is forcing Ukraine to keep significant troops tied down just in case, which is just what his bum chum wants.

Using the M777

Himars will arrive in the next week (before 1st July). But they require an industry of their own to supply

Excellent article here on HIMAR's and the logistics of it all, hopefully a real game changer when the whole process is fully up and running.

Using the M777

Himars will arrive in the next week (before 1st July). But they require an industry of their own to supply
Which they wouldn't supply without it, or it would be worthless. Be assured that when they (USA) supply weapons they come with all the back-up systems they require to make them 100% effective, with artillery systems costing 20 m dollars each, they won't fuck around and just give them away, they have millions of dollars invested it these systems, with a whole supporting cast of technicians, operators and support staff required to go live, they need to transfer these roles to Ukrainian personnel before they get into the battle arena, so by the time they fire, I expect them to cause absolute mayhem in the battle zone. I think Zelensky's Christmases are all about to come true in the battlefields of Ukraine, I just hope that it's all military and not civilian casualties that ensue.

Last edited:
As a result of the artillery strike of the Armed Forces of #Ukraine in #Kharkiv region, C&C of the #Russian 20th combined army of the Western Military District was destroyed

Everyone at the command post was killed, more than 40 people

Mass surrender of Russian servicemen in Lugansk region

They look very eastern Russia, no winners in this war, except Poo-tin's ego.

Back