Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

I may be way off but, at a guess:
Kosovo claims independence, but Serbia claims it. There are rumours of Serbian aggression on the way, which would not be recieved well by the west. Parallels with Russia and Ukraine would be drawn.
Edit: Kosovo may be about to be admitted to the council of Europe, which will go towards international recognition of its independence. Serbia has threatened to withdraw from the council if this takes place and has started to sabre rattle to neighbours in the region.

Mud season.......

The Russian army continued more active attacks in the southern part of Donbas.

• In the Svatove and Severodonetsk regions, the Russian army is trying to intensify attacks toward the city of Lysychansk, but no results were achieved yesterday. In other areas of this front line, Russian units are passive.
  • Near Bakhmut, the activity of Russian units has been decreasing for the second day. A few reconnaissance battle-like attacks were attempted south of the city.
  • In the Avdiivka area, fighting of lesser intensity continues in the gray zone, and Russian forces have not advanced. Southwest of Donetsk, the Russian army continues active attacks to conquer Novomikhailovka, but so far, Ukrainian defense has held up.
  • On the southern front, the Russian army continued attack attempts in the Tokmak area around the village of Verbove, but the front line has not changed. Russian army infantry attacks were not conducted on the east bank of the Dnipro. Daily activities here are dominated by drone attacks and artillery fire exchanges.
Canny read...

Last edited:
Canny read...

Perhaps 'ethnic cleansing' ought to be mentioned more with Russia. Its one of those labels that seems to tar - all of them are applicable to Russia, wont matter to them but might remind some of those supporting them what exactly they're coming down on the side of.
The Serbs, since we mention them, still haven't shaken it off and got into their ethnic cleansing by similar means - claims of downtrodden ethnic Serbs (in Kosovo iirc)

On Crocus:

Meanwhile, in Krynky:

Is not surprising if this is how they go about planting mines:

Last edited:
Why are the right wing on putins side, I just don't understand it
There’s just as many lefty commies shilling for putin as there are right wingers tbh. Like both poles of the political spectrum there’s variation in what people believe.

What I would say is conspiracy theorists are more likely to be putin fetishists.

I’d be considered a far righter by some on here and I hate the twunt.

Why are the right wing on putins side, I just don't understand it

He stands for the old order: male, straight, and white. No matter that the white bit refers, in Russia, specifically to Slavs. He's seen as the flag-carrier for the battle against Woke.

What's more confusing is why he's so popular in Africa. The Wagner group was unashamedly neo-colonialist, helping despots to gain or keep power in return for access to natural resources. The Russian government is now stepping in to carry on that policy directly. Yet in southern Africa especially, the West is being blamed for all the continent's problems, and Russia - the world's biggest, most ruthless coloniser - is somehow seen as being anti-colonial.

The lack of basic training for their combat troops is exacerbated by the poor quality of their commanders at all levels. The Russian army is wrecked.

I used to watch this sort of stuff dispassionately when I was a soldier. That changed when I became a parent. Combat videos have a place, but not when they're watched solely for 'entertainment'.
I was a soldier too. I have no wish to watch combat videos or movies either. I was involved in the real thing in North Africa and that was plenty.
Serbs are nowt but utter scumbags.
Yes they are. Not the only ones in the Yugoslavia murders though

Last edited:

Back