Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell. The nikes are meant to last approx 100 mile. I wouldn't be using those for training.

She trains in Nike Zoom Fly 3 which are their training shoe with a carbon plate & apparently last as long as a normal shoe because they use a different midsole & more durable outsole. I tried those on in store & they felt really unstable though. I can't get away with high stack height shoes, I've had too many ankle injuries in my footballing days.

She trains in Nike Zoom Fly 3 which are their training shoe with a carbon plate & apparently last as long as a normal shoe because they use a different midsole & more durable outsole. I tried those on in store & they felt really unstable though. I can't get away with high stack height shoes, I've had too many ankle injuries in my footballing days.
I have the Zoom Fly 2's and I felt the same first time I put them on, like what I imagine walking in heels would be like. I got used to them quite quicky but use pegasus as my daily runners now.

Zoom fly 3s best shoes i have had. But as you say a little unstable on rough surface. I dont pay more than 80 of so for mine, must be nice to splash out 160 on runners haha

Wouldn't be something I'd normally do, I normally buy the previous years models on the cheap once the new ones are released, but between race refunds & money I just haven't spent on entry fees, my running funds pot has a bit more in it than usual so I treat myself.

I bought a pair of Mizuno Waveriders the other week and wasn't keen at first. In fact I was bitterly regretting changing from my last shoes which were Saucony. It's taken me nearly 3 weeks to get used to them but I'm really impressed with them now.

Took two days off with the knee pain, got back out for a 12 miler today, still a dull ache but could run fine amd wondering if its partly the new shoes I got, did couple longer runs in them, are a bit more cushioned than my Hokas but not sure if has changed my gait slightly.

I bought a pair of Mizuno Waveriders the other week and wasn't keen at first. In fact I was bitterly regretting changing from my last shoes which were Saucony. It's taken me nearly 3 weeks to get used to them but I'm really impressed with them now.

What prompted the change & what didn't you like about them?

Tried my new HM route today, didn't quite break 1h 35m but shaved some seconds off for a new PB of 1:35.40. Was canny humid and a bit breezy today, so I reckon after a couple more tries I'll get it under 1:35.00.
Run Nation just announced they are starting events again in August, starting with Dalton Park 10k....150 runners limit. More events to be announced

Last edited:
Long run with miles at MP HR yesterday, hit new PB at half of 1.39, looking at Daniels tracker am looking at potentially 3h10 target if the marathon does go ahead. On the negative knee is hurting a bit, had a kneew support on which think was too tight at top of calf. Will see how it goes on recovery run today otherwise may rest few more days, is lower intensity week this week anyway.
Tried my new HM route today, didn't quite break 1h 35m but shaved some seconds off for a new PB of 1:35.40. Was canny humid and a bit breezy today, so I reckon after a couple more tries I'll get it under 1:35.00.
Run Nation just announced they are starting events again in August, starting with Dalton Park 10k....150 runners limit. More events to be announced
Saturn running seem to thikn they going to be able to do some events as well. Boston Marathon UK is also planning as if they going ahead in Spetember but have said thats cos they a volunteer run thing with small overheads they are keeping planning hoping can go ahead, no pacers and you will have to pick up drinks off the table rather than from a volunteer hand. Is a flat course through some very boring cabbage fields though, was a smallish field though so it might have a chance.

Last edited:
Rumours that its a ransomware attack, will see how long it stays down, not going to put my runs direct onto strava as we=ill end up getting confused and ha ing to delete some most likely when garmin comes back on.

Had a crap run this morning, 10 miles tired and dehydrated with a few stops. But I have noticed I very rarely run in 9min+ pace any more...last year most of my easy runs and midweek training was in that bracket. Now the same sort of effort and session is usually 8:20, hopefully it comes down again in another 12 months.

Had a crap run this morning, 10 miles tired and dehydrated with a few stops. But I have noticed I very rarely run in 9min+ pace any more...last year most of my easy runs and midweek training was in that bracket. Now the same sort of effort and session is usually 8:20, hopefully it comes down again in another 12 months.

Miles are miles, they all add up no matter how crap.

Left my Garmin on charge overnight via PC USB port & it synced at some point. Garmin Connect website is back up again but the phone app still isn't connecting.

Just got some new roadies, I'm not tied to a brand (had great shoes from Hoka, Asics, Saucony and Brooks). Went with Under Armour as have read some really good things (same with Skechers, which surprised me).

Found some cracking trails lately around County Durham. Have taken to just planning a route beforehand and selecting as much trail as possible with no prior knowledge of area/paths. Ocassionally not so great but has lead to some really enjoyable, beautiful routes.

This app has been a godsend -

Basically allows my Forerunner 235 to have GPS navigation (on a very simplistic level, its an arrow on red line and tells you when to turn etc, but it's very accurate). Tenner a year.

Just got some new roadies, I'm not tied to a brand (had great shoes from Hoka, Asics, Saucony and Brooks). Went with Under Armour as have read some really good things (same with Skechers, which surprised me).

Found some cracking trails lately around County Durham. Have taken to just planning a route beforehand and selecting as much trail as possible with no prior knowledge of area/paths. Ocassionally not so great but has lead to some really enjoyable, beautiful routes.

This app has been a godsend -

Basically allows my Forerunner 235 to have GPS navigation (on a very simplistic level, its an arrow on red line and tells you when to turn etc, but it's very accurate). Tenner a year.

Interesting. I've never seen the benefit of upgrading to a watch with built in navigation function because the vast majority of my runs are road or track but I've dodged a few of my clubs virtual challenges during lockdown because I'd never ran the route before & there wasn't anyone else around my pace doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back