Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFS, started a 5k run this morning and at 3k pulled my hamstring again.

Anyone ever ran from SOL to Durham? What would be the best route?

Interesting one this, I’d maybe follow the coast to coast route through Washington back to chester? And then back to Durham from there? Depends how far the run you’re planning is I guess?

The road route is very dull.

EDIT - I’ll have a mess on on mapmyrun in the morning and bang some ideas in here as I’m intrigued.

Last edited:
Interesting one this, I’d maybe follow the coast to coast route through Washington back to chester? And then back to Durham from there? Depends how far the run you’re planning is I guess?

The road route is very dull.

EDIT - I’ll have a mess on on mapmyrun in the morning and bang some ideas in here as I’m intrigued.
Need to do a 20 miler a week on Sunday. Prefer it to be point to point. Guessing it’ll be close. My mate did Durham to the Tyne bridge the other day and that was about 14 mile I think.

Need to do a 20 miler a week on Sunday. Prefer it to be point to point. Guessing it’ll be close. My mate did Durham to the Tyne bridge the other day and that was about 14 mile I think.

Have we had a home game moved or is the SOL just point of reference?

Shame it's not the Sunday after 'cause there's a 20 Miler at Locke Park in Redcar then.

Something else to consider. Start at a crossroads & run 4 miles out in 1 direction then back to the crossroads, then 3 miles out in another direction & back to the crossroads, 2 miles out in the 3rd direction & back again, then 1 mile out & back for the last direction. 20 miles total & you can park your car near the crossroads so you don't have to carry all your fuel & liquids with you.

Am no expert but the obvious one would be a690, not nice. Or you could run to ryhope, pick up the cycle path to south hetton Or haswell then work your way thro Sherburn from there or from cycle path at Seaham head over Hetton/Moorsley to pittington then on to durham etc. Must be a route from new herrington way as well?

Add miles by running along the coast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back