Running Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
David says "dick" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jealousy gets you no where.
Very similar to me although not as quick as you.

PB’s for me

5K - 19:37
10K - 39:55
HM - 1:32

Very pleased with this year. Aiming for a sub 1:30 HM and to finish a marathon next year. Unsure of a target time for that yet.
Rule of thumb is, double your half time and add ten minutes. Aim for sub 3:10. 3:15 at the most.

1 mile pb ✅ 5:21
5km pb ✅ 17:44
10km pb ❌ (ran 38:41, pb is 38:40)
10 mile pb ✅ 64:54
Half marathon pb ✅ 1:24:30
Marathon pb ✅ 3:03:48
Lakeland 100 pb ✅ 36:52:52

Last edited:

Jealousy gets you no where.

Rule of thumb is, double your half time and add ten minutes. Aim for sub 3:10. 3:15 at the most.

1 mile pb ✅ 5:21
5km pb ✅ 17:44
10km pb ❌ (ran 38:41, pb is 38:40)
10 mile pb ✅ 64:54
Half marathon pb ✅ 1:24:30
Marathon pb ✅ 3:03:48
Lakeland 100 pb ✅ 36:52:52
Where did you do your mile at Dan ?

Anyone after a Garmin, a couple canny deals on Amazon today.
No idea, but the strollers beginners starts in January. I know you're a reet miserable fucker, but running with people helps imo.
Got an appointment with the cardiac rehab team and they are going to give me advice on getting back on the road. They were really helpful on the phone.
As my problems first came to light when I was running, all my medical documentation describes me as a 'long distance runner'. Finding it hard to explain that I'm just a bit of a plodder, not Forrest Gump. :lol:

Last edited:

Got an appointment with the cardiac rehab team and they are going to give me advice on getting back on the road. They were really helpful on the phone.
As my problems first came to light when I was running, all my medical documentation describes me as a 'long distance runner'. Finding it hard to explain that I'm just a bit of a plodder, not Forrest Gump. :lol:
Everyone appears to be a long distance runner if you don't run. Hope you get sorted.

South shields, luke Adam's monthly mile. I want to do a track one like

Join NEMAA. Plenty of meets in the summer season & I think there some indoor meets in the winter as well.

If you cover the distance you're a distance runner.

Last edited:
Bloody annoying. They posted on Facebook at 8 that it was on so I set off, then, by the time I got there they'd emailed to say it was off.

Wouldn't have a clue what he looks like tbh :) I only know a couple of Strollers.
Always the risk of that. They're a bit useless like.

Everyone seems to know me!

Tall, beardy, good looking, Sunderland stroller.
That's it mate. That'll have him off the scent.

First runs back after a 3 month lay off. Irritating as fuck how much speed and stamina you lose so quickly. Feels like I'm miles away from getting close to a sub 20 5k now.

That's it mate. That'll have him off the scent.

First runs back after a 3 month lay off. Irritating as fuck how much speed and stamina you lose so quickly. Feels like I'm miles away from getting close to a sub 20 5k now.
Why did you stop?

Left foot completely fucked after GNR. Tried to wait it out but eventually went to physio and only now pretty much back to normal. 2 months of it feeling like someone had ran over it with a car.
bloody hell, well you made the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back