Running C2C in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As some of you may be aware, my mate's brother attempted to run the coast 2 coast non stop last year. He managed 104 miles in 29 hours but had to give up due to nose bleeds and not being able to take on fluids.
He is mad enough to be attempting it again next Saturday. You can follow his progress via his FB page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716868689#!/therevengeofmicksbigrun

What a f***ing idiot. I wouldn't even attempt to cycle it in one go. Saying that, good luck to him.

Will be watching with great interest. Good luck to the lad but as Dave says he must be mad in the heed.

Will be watching with great interest. Good luck to the lad but as Dave says he must be mad in the heed.

He thought he let people down last year by not finishing.:lol:
He's added an extra 8 miles onto the route this year but I imagine it is an easier route if that makes sense.
Last year there was just his Dad and brother helping out but there's more support this year which should help.
I'm impressed when people do the Sunderland 10k. This is mental.
I'm sponsoring him a pound a mile, hope he f***ing fails.;)

Update. Mick has completed 50miles in 10hrs 40 mins. :eek:

Aye,probablies mate. What time do you think he'll get to the finish? I know it's an impossible question but does he have some sort of schedule?

Around 7 or 8pm tomorrow is the plan. That means roughly 36-37 hours all told so he's probably still on track despite slowing down. A big chunk will be over the hills in the dark tonight so he'll have no option but to slow down.
Last year he did 104 miles in 29 hours but the last 5 or 6 were almost staggering pace and he was barely able to put one foot in front of the other.

Around 7 or 8pm tomorrow is the plan. That means roughly 36-37 hours all told so he's probably still on track despite slowing down. A big chunk will be over the hills in the dark tonight so he'll have no option but to slow down.
Last year he did 104 miles in 29 hours but the last 5 or 6 were almost staggering pace and he was barely able to put one foot in front of the other.

Unbelievable stuff. I'll post my congratulations now as I'm certain he'll do it this time and I'll be landing in Spain by the time he finishes.

EDIT; oops i read that as 7 or 8 am. I'll have to find somewhere to log on to see his progress.

Last edited:
Jesus, unbelievably brutal on the body, but I can't begin to think how tough it is mentally. Does he have to go through any medical treatment after?

Jesus, unbelievably brutal on the body, but I can't begin to think how tough it is mentally. Does he have to go through any medical treatment after?

No. Just went for a couple of sports massages a few days after. I imagine it took him a fair while to recover fully, especially after the dehydration but I had a couple of pints with him a few hours after he finished last year.
He may have got himself checked out by the doctor but I'm not really sure.
Probably needs his head looking at.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back