Run to work commute ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I regularly run home from Gosforth to Whitley Bay on a Wednesday and Friday which was about 7 miles.

I have now been given a laptop that has to be taken home overnight so that's scuppered that when I get back from lockdown.

I have been using my sons mountain bike to do some exercise on my rest days so might look at getting a road or cyclocross bike through the bike to work scheme we have at work and start biking there and back.

Might also look at doing a duathlon to see what that's like if it comes off

I regularly run home from Gosforth to Whitley Bay on a Wednesday and Friday which was about 7 miles.

I have now been given a laptop that has to be taken home overnight so that's scuppered that when I get back from lockdown.

I have been using my sons mountain bike to do some exercise on my rest days so might look at getting a road or cyclocross bike through the bike to work scheme we have at work and start biking there and back.

Might also look at doing a duathlon to see what that's like if it comes off
I put my laptop in a rucksack.

Serious question, are your clothes not creased to death when you get there?

I considered this bit generally wear a shirt which would be creased to death in a bag

DO you not stink all day at work? Mine is only about 3.5 mile each way but I couldn't be at graft honking all day.

Unless there's an underlying issue or you weren't clean before the run there won't be enough bacteria for bo for a couple of days, particularly if you eat fairly clean & sweat regularly & drink plenty of water as your sweat won't contain as much bacteria. On saying that though the last place I lived close enough to run to didn't have a shower so I used to keep wet wipes & deodorant there & that was fine. I also tried Muc Off Dry Shower which worked well but is more expensive.

Unless there's an underlying issue or you weren't clean before the run there won't be enough bacteria for bo for a couple of days, particularly if you eat fairly clean & sweat regularly & drink plenty of water as your sweat won't contain as much bacteria. On saying that though the last place I lived close enough to run to didn't have a shower so I used to keep wet wipes & deodorant there & that was fine. I also tried Muc Off Dry Shower which worked well but is more expensive.

A couple of days? :eek:

I used to do it occasionally. . DH8 to NE4. . packed it in now, the steep downhill stretches were hammering my knees

I was never brave enough to try running home. Used to get the bus back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back