(Rumour Mill) Scott Fraser (NOW SIGNED BY IPSWICH)

I think its Grigg and AOB together being on the same wages as about 5 or 6 players combined. Willis will be on good money as well and he wont kick a ball next season.
What a bloody mess, they are hardly likely to move on as things stand. I am wondering what possessed us to sign either, AOB may well have played in the Championship but was he any good? How long ago? Grigg, well it seems from what I’ve read that he didn’t want to come here and no one wanted him except Donald. In retrospect we have been held back with players who weren’t good enough since Keane left

We've signed Pritchard too, who will be on comparatively big wages for this league, and we have brought Embleton back. If we're playing a kind of 10/attacking 8 type player to create, they are our two. We won't be signing another one.

We'll sign at least one more midfielder, maybe two, depending on how they see O'Nein. We're clearly in the market for another number 8 to compete with Neil and O'Nein, which will likely be a loan from a Premiership club. Then, I hope, we'll also sign a slightly hardernosed number 4 in the Declan Rice mould. Ideally, a fairly big unit.
Corry Evans is probably the 4 then, maybe Galbraith for the 8 and then I'd say that's our CM options done for the window.

Winchester/Evans

O'Nien/Galbraith (or similar)/Neil

Embleton/Pritchard

looks to be a much better set of options that we had there last year.

Corry Evans is probably the 4 then, maybe Galbraith for the 8 and then I'd say that's our CM options done for the window.

Winchester/Evans

O'Nien/Galbraith (or similar)/Neil

Embleton/Pritchard

looks to be a much better set of options that we had there last year.
I think so.

Evans should be tough enough to protect the back four better than Leadbitter. No idea on his mobility, but he'd be hard-pressed to be slower than Power and Grant.

Pritchard is a fantastic signing if he comes off. Galbraith would be nice to have.

That'll be the three, young'uns on rotation/cover. They'll get chances.

Not sure where O'Nein fits in, could be another season as a utility player for him. Maybe our main RB or cover RB primarily.

If they sign Evans, Doyle and the American right back this week, we are comfortably in the nice to have phase of our business - we'll have enough to get a team out early in the season. If we signed Owen Dale, Hume resigns, Galbraith and then maybe another striker - were done and have a good squad. Aye, if we could smuggle Sanderson in late, or another top class CB in would be lovely, but can't see it.

I think things are coming together nicely.

Last edited:
I think its Grigg and AOB together being on the same wages as about 5 or 6 players combined. Willis will be on good money as well and he wont kick a ball next season.

I don't think Willis will be. He was due to be out of contract this summer and we basically offered him a 1 year deal so he had some income while he's recuperating; I'd be surprised if we're paying him anything more than a token wage considering he's not playing.

He's a canny enough player for League 1, but he isn't half over-rated by our fans. 26 and has basically played at a similar level to League 1 his whole career. He's coming off his best season ever, and is at a club who are looking to push themselves further up the table, so probably isn't going to come cheap. If we could get him for cheap, great, but I can't really see the logic on us blowing a good portion of our budget (750k+) on one player who isn't young and hasn't played at a higher level.
Sounds like 09.

I think so.

Evans should be tough enough to protect the back four better than Leadbitter. No idea on his mobility, but he'd be hard-pressed to be slower than Power and Grant.

Pritchard is a fantastic signing if he comes off. Galbraith would be nice to have.

That'll be the three, young'uns on rotation/cover. They'll get chances.

Not sure where O'Nein fits in, could be another season as a utility player for him. Maybe our main RB or cover RB primarily.

If they sign Evans, Doyle and the American right back this week, we are comfortably in the nice to have phase of our business - we'll have enough to get a team out early in the season. If we signed Owen Dale, Hume resigns, Galbraith and then maybe another striker - were done and have a good squad. Aye, if we could smuggle Sanderson in late, or another top class CB in would be lovely, but can't see it.

I think things are coming together nicely.
Couldn’t of summed it up better. If we get Dale and Galbraith that’s some attack/midfield we can put out. We’ll have plenty of cover as mentioned, I think O’nein will end up falling into RB.

I don't think Willis will be. He was due to be out of contract this summer and we basically offered him a 1 year deal so he had some income while he's recuperating; I'd be surprised if we're paying him anything more than a token wage considering he's not playing.
true. you would like to think so mate.

Cant believe people picking all kinds of midfielders and formations.Luke 09 will be first and formost in the team before any of these gadgies,hence the club giving him a 3 year contract almost unheard of at our level.As it stands if rumours are correct evans will sit in front of back 4 with Pilchard,and 09 ahead of him.Also hopefully Galbraith to join the creative gang.

Cant believe people picking all kinds of midfielders and formations.Luke 09 will be first and formost in the team before any of these gadgies,hence the club giving him a 3 year contract almost unheard of at our level.As it stands if rumours are correct evans will sit in front of back 4 with Pilchard,and 09 ahead of him.Also hopefully Galbraith to join the creative gang.
Who’s pilchard? If you mean Pritchard then he won’t be sitting in front of any back 4. He’ll be the furthest forward midfielder in a 433, or the CAM in a 4231 behind the striker. As far away from the defence as a midfielder could be. There’s not a chance O’Nien will play further forward than Pritchard in the same lineup

I like Fraser and won’t complain if we go for him but last season was the time. I don’t think he’s worth the million or so needed to prise him away and if we are spending that sort of money I’d much prefer Dale or similar.

Back