(Rumour Mill) Scott Fraser (NOW SIGNED BY IPSWICH)

He's a canny enough player for League 1, but he isn't half over-rated by our fans. 26 and has basically played at a similar level to League 1 his whole career. He's coming off his best season ever, and is at a club who are looking to push themselves further up the table, so probably isn't going to come cheap. If we could get him for cheap, great, but I can't really see the logic on us blowing a good portion of our budget (750k+) on one player who isn't young and hasn't played at a higher level.

He's a canny enough player for League 1, but he isn't half over-rated by our fans. 26 and has basically played at a similar level to League 1 his whole career. He's coming off his best season ever, and is at a club who are looking to push themselves further up the table, so probably isn't going to come cheap. If we could get him for cheap, great, but I can't really see the logic on us blowing a good portion of our budget (750k+) on one player who isn't young and hasn't played at a higher level.

We've signed Pritchard too, who will be on comparatively big wages for this league, and we have brought Embleton back. If we're playing a kind of 10/attacking 8 type player to create, they are our two. We won't be signing another one.

We'll sign at least one more midfielder, maybe two, depending on how they see O'Nein. We're clearly in the market for another number 8 to compete with Neil and O'Nein, which will likely be a loan from a Premiership club. Then, I hope, we'll also sign a slightly hardernosed number 4 in the Declan Rice mould. Ideally, a fairly big unit.

They don't necessarily have more money. In fact they almost certainly don't. They just have more freedom with wages than we do. We are on the limit with what wages we can spend and they aren't.
Same story every year since we dropped into this tinpot league. Bored of this narative now. Hopefully we can actually have a real bash at this league in the next 5-10 years then

O'Brien and Grigg swap would be very good business.

Unfortunately the stupid wages we have given Grigg and O'Brien (for nothing in return) probaly means its a no-goer.

Fraser would be a great signing.

If MK Dons wanted those two the best thing to do is send them on loan there for the season. Agree a wage with Dons, pay the balance over what Dons offer then those two are effectively off the books as players out on loan don't count towards salary cap and they'd be free agents when the season ends. Whatever they were on here combined is then freed up.

26 is a solid age for me. Has another 4/5 years before he wanes in ability.

If it’s Wigan it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, I thought the rules meant they can only spend a set % of their turnover on wages? Signing Wyke, Power, Whatmough, Amos, Humphrys, Naylor & Fraser (if they do) is surely well above their turnover threshold?

Or have they sold someone who was on £40k a week?

26 is a solid age for me. Has another 4/5 years before he wanes in ability.

He's not old, but my main concern with paying good money is that he's had a decent length career and hasn't proven himself above League 1. It's a bit of a risky signing for a big fee. Like I said, if you bring him in on a good deal, great. I just wouldn't be stretching our budget to get him in.

He's not old, but my main concern with paying good money is that he's had a decent length career and hasn't proven himself above League 1. It's a bit of a risky signing for a big fee. Like I said, if you bring him in on a good deal, great. I just wouldn't be stretching our budget to get him in.
He was a stick on signing last summer on a free. Much less so at north of £500k

Back