Rugby World Cup 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slade is a gamble based on the injury he’s coming back from but based on the Aussies setup I don’t think there was room for Ford. Unfortunately he’s too lightweight for the way the game is going.

Yeah, slight worry about Slade's lack of game time recently. Do like him as a player mind.

If they've shown up well in training it's a calculated risk, and they've played that system before. Australia's backline has had more personnel reshuffles than the Sugababes, they're not settled at all.

Our main vulnerability is at 9 imho. White will do a good job for them, and Youngs is at high risk of taking a shit with his clothes on

If they've shown up well in training it's a calculated risk, and they've played that system before. Australia's backline has had more personnel reshuffles than the Sugababes, they're not settled at all.

Our main vulnerability is at 9 imho. White will do a good job for them, and Youngs is at high risk of taking a shit with his clothes on

Youngs has been poor for some time...hoping he proves me wrong Saturday

Ben Young’s is shit.

He’s too slow at the breakdown and slows our attacking play down. I can’t stand him.

Might have been a better bet then. I havent seen him play at all so guided by superior knowledge.

Are we struggling for a decent English scrum half?

It’s not one of our stronger areas, and it’s one of the areas where Jones has seemed to have a bit of a blind spot. The squad has evolved everywhere else but with scrum halves, he stuck with Youngs and Care for almost the whole time until it was almost too late even though there were other options that deserved more of a look. Then very late on he dropped Care (which was the right call, just more than a year late) and it was almost an afterthought to look at who else should be considered.

Personally I think Ben Shepherd of Saracens deserved more of a look, and Dan Robson at Wasps was unlucky IMHO. It is an area where don’t have the kind of depth we have in other positions e.g. Second Row. Players like Joe Simpson have strengths but also weaknesses that would expose them at test level, and a couple of youngsters like Jack Maunder haven’t quite made the step up after showing initial promise. It might still happen for them mind.

I would go into this game happier with Shepherd and Heinz as the scrum halves in our match day squad

Last edited:
It's very good off first phase, but there's no pattern after that. We're at our best when we force the other team to kick the ball to our back three
yeah, because the back line is one dimensional as fuck.

i don't give a shit how they get it, i just want them to win. the way this team is going to do it is by kicking their penalties and keeping the ball out of their half.

yeah, because the back line is one dimensional as fuck.

i don't give a shit how they get it, i just want them to win. the way this team is going to do it is by kicking their penalties and keeping the ball out of their half.
Agree with this, just get the job done. Good game management will be absolutely key, take the points, frustrate them and get us into the semis by any means possible.

Agree with this, just get the job done. Good game management will be absolutely key, take the points, frustrate them and get us into the semis by any means possible.
yeah exactly. don't fuck around, don't throw any shit, just get that ball down field, put pressure on them and force penalties. faz and ford both have decent boots.

yeah exactly. don't fuck around, don't throw any shit, just get that ball down field, put pressure on them and force penalties. faz and ford both have decent boots.
Slade is also a decent place kicker. Farrell had an awful day with the boot against Argentina, so hopefully that's behind him now and he can keep the scoreboard ticking over. Keep our old friend the drop goal in mind as well.

Slade is also a decent place kicker. Farrell had an awful day with the boot against Argentina, so hopefully that's behind him now and he can keep the scoreboard ticking over. Keep our old friend the drop goal in mind as well.
don't rate slade. DG is always up the sleeve, especially when you have a decent pack to make the yards.
With any luck Australia will keep playing their shit self-destructive tactics and it will just be tackle practice
yeah, might even score a couple of tries against them 😂

don't rate slade. DG is always up the sleeve, especially when you have a decent pack to make the yards.

yeah, might even score a couple of tries against them 😂

Slades one of our best midfielders man. He hasn’t had a proper run of games in the same position.

He’s also a right handsome bastard as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back