Rugby World Cup 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have better raw materials, that is without a doubt. All you are doing is pointing out that Japan, and now Croatia have better coaching - which I don't think is necessarily the case now although I wouldn't have argued with you 5 or 6 years ago. We are doing better at all levels of international football now.
I mean we lost to them last year and I dont think we've improved since. Friday wasnt a ringing endorsement of that either.

You cant say a team who have hung around above average for 50 years has impressive raw materials I dont think. How can you? 50 years not long enough to test a theory?

Last edited:
Be good to have them in the 6 nations/7 nations tbf, will be a bit of a trip for them but sure they'd be up for it and add to the competition.

What a fantastic & enthralling game that was. This is the first match ive watched Japan play in this comp, and I must say they were outstanding, especially their fitness, and ball handling skills. South Africa have a very tough game ahead.

There is a need at least for some annual competition to involve Japan, Tonga, Fiji and Samoa, who are all decent nations hampered by a lack of regular test rugby..

5 nations SH makes far more sense surely

Different seasons though Japan being in the NH. Would mean Japan playing in the summer while the others are playing in winter.
Japan should replace Italy in the 6 nations.

Should have a six nations with relegation and promotion. Absolutely no incentive for Italy to improve. They've stunk the tournament out ever since they got in it.

Last edited:
Losing to Russia 4-0 & getting humped off Japan, great weekend for Scottish sport :)
When I moved to Scotland 15 years ago I remember thinking it was embarrassing how much they invested in enjoying us lose, how much they relished something that had fuck all to do with them

It's just as embarrassing when English people do the opposite like

When I moved to Scotland 15 years ago I remember thinking it was embarrassing how much they invested in enjoying us lose, how much they relished something that had fuck all to do with them

It's just as embarrassing when English people do the opposite like

I generally like Scotland to do well but I've got enough relatives North of the Wall that I like to give shit when they lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back