Royal 8ers what are you doing this weekend thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday: down to caravan. Fix me awning. Fix owt else the missus has managed to break there. Have some cans.

Saturday: Trip out to Dales. Pub lunch. Some cans later.

Sunday: hang around till lunch. Drive back to sunlun for BBQ at mates house. Have some cans.

look at you...!

Was it any good?
Well, Saturday was wet and drizzly, which always makes outdoor festivals a bit shit. The Blues stage was in a big marquee, so we spent quite a lot of time there. Kenny Wayne Shepherd was not as spectacular as I had built him up to be in my mind, but Rival Sons (introduced by Vic Reeves!) were good as ever. Plans had changed a bit, because the family got back from Devon late on Friday, so I had the car, and went home on Saturday night, so I could bring the wife along (obviously not; we're pensioners ffs!) as the weather looked good for Sunday. Lovely sunny day, smashing bands, Eric Gales was mindblowing, unexpectedly great sets from UFO and Focus (blasts from the past) and then a fantastic set from Joanne Shaw Taylor. She has a tremendous Blues voice for a young woman and she can write a lyric or two as well, but it is the quality of her playing which is truly exceptional; she can be slow and soulful, delicate and complex and she can rock out too. She kept the tent pretty full even though ZZ Top had started and all the other stages had closed. Which made for a great finalé, because the crowd was huge and all singing back to them. So yes it was pretty good.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back