Roy in

The most embarrassing cricket forum posts (and I cant remember who they were from) was the piss taking of Bairstow every time he got bowled while at the same time he had the best average, strike rate and most runs out of every England batsmen in the last 18 months. Missing the point that whether you are out bowled, LBW, caught at slip is hardly 'hilarious' when you are scoring more runs than everyone else :lol:
Must have had a lot of people piss him off in the media in those 18 months then

Tell you what is embarrassing. His sulking, particularly over the gloves :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I still don’t think captaincy is for Root. I’d much rather he just focused on his batting. I would though have Roy in at 3, Root 4, Bairstow 5, then stokes butler Ali Archer Broad and Anderson. Opening is a problem but I think Burns deserves a chance as he was the least crap of the ones we’ve tried and didn’t fail majestically. Other opening spot I wouldn’t be returning to the same filth roundabout we usually do - and would disregard Jennings, hameed, robson, balance, etc as they’ve had their chance. Pick some kid in the lions and stick with them for a while, literally cannot be worse than the others on rotation, or go back to Rocky

Sibley is in the form of his life and hit 74 and 33 for the Lions against Australia. Beats me why you'd open with a middle order batsman in those circumstances

Must have had a lot of people piss him off in the media in those 18 months then

Tell you what is embarrassing. His sulking, particularly over the gloves :rolleyes:

I agree with that actually. I don't particularly like Bairstow tbh but I don't go down to route of taking the piss out of someone for getting bowled as his main mode of dismissal while scoring more runs at a better strike rate than just about every other player in world cricket at the time. He was playing in the IPL scoring hundreds and the likes of you were 'ripping the piss' because he was out bowled whilst The Rey would be busy telling everyone he should be dropped for Foakes.

Equally bizarre because you are both top posters but it goes to show that everyone has their Achilles heel.

Back