Routine

• Thread starter Beefy Monster Munch
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beefy Monster Munch

5 mile walk.
30-45 minutes various swings with a 16kg kettlebell.
5-10 3 minute rounds on the punch bag.
10 mile cycling.

Would this be a good daily routine to shed some pounds? Looking to lose 2 stone by May. Obviously I would up the intensity in my routine once I felt it was becoming easy.

Pretty excessive if you're just wanting to lose a bit weight

5 mile walk.
30-45 minutes various swings with a 16kg kettlebell.
5-10 3 minute rounds on the punch bag.
10 mile cycling.

Would this be a good daily routine to shed some pounds? Looking to lose 2 stone by May. Obviously I would up the intensity in my routine once I felt it was becoming easy.

save yourself a couple of hours (walk & bike) & do some intervals

especially if hes going from doing nowt straight into that.

Seymour-ftm off these boards who has been working with me in the gym has made visible changes in a month and only cardio I have him do is 15-20 minute slow walking 2-3 times per week. Eats plenty of food too.

Most people start things backwards, a buttload of cardio and no calories. Should work from higher threshold of calories and then gradually up cardio as necessary.

I didn't mean 30-45 minutes of straight Kettlebell work, I couldn't hack it, I meant that time with rest.

Titus - I've done 3 miles on the treadmill every night for around 2 months without eating bad, before, and I didn't notice a difference in look or on the scales. I pretty much gave up hope of that.

Just want a new regime to really start shedding some weight, not a fan of running too much so try and do plenty of walking.

Seymour-ftm off these boards who has been working with me in the gym has made visible changes in a month and only cardio I have him do is 15-20 minute slow walking 2-3 times per week. Eats plenty of food too.

Most people start things backwards, a buttload of cardio and no calories. Should work from higher threshold of calories and then gradually up cardio as necessary.

Do you have any idea as to how much weight he has lost? I could do with losing a few stone too.

Do you have any idea as to how much weight he has lost? I could do with losing a few stone too.

Haven't been tracking his weight through the initial month and probably won't start until another 4 weeks. I think he said he's knocked 3-4 belt sizes off and had people compliment him on his visual changes.

His routine has been a 3-day full body routine with the cardio I mentioned up the page. Been having ice-cream, chocolate, crisps etc aswell, it has just been comprising the minority of his diet.

Haven't been tracking his weight through the initial month and probably won't start until another 4 weeks. I think he said he's knocked 3-4 belt sizes off and had people compliment him on his visual changes.

His routine has been a 3-day full body routine with the cardio I mentioned up the page. Been having ice-cream, chocolate, crisps etc aswell, it has just been comprising the minority of his diet.

What does this full body routine involve?

Session A:

Squats 5x5
Rows 5x5
Bench 5x5
Shrugs 3x8
Curls 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8
Crunches 3x8

Session B:

Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Rows 5x5 -10% of load
Overhead Press 5x5
Close Grip Bench 3x8
Curls 3x8

Session A:

Squats 5x5
Rows 5x5
Bench 5x5
Shrugs 3x8
Curls 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8
Crunches 3x8

Session B:

Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Rows 5x5 -10% of load
Overhead Press 5x5
Close Grip Bench 3x8
Curls 3x8

Thanks.

Session A:

Squats 5x5
Rows 5x5
Bench 5x5
Shrugs 3x8
Curls 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8
Crunches 3x8

Session B:

Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Rows 5x5 -10% of load
Overhead Press 5x5
Close Grip Bench 3x8
Curls 3x8

Any chance you can elaborate on this for those of us who don't exactly know what all of them are?

What's skull crushes?

It's a tricep exercise. Lie on a bench with your arms straight ahead holding a barbell. Bend your elbows so the bar comes down towards your forehead.

I get it, looks crazy. My mate has a bench, think I'll start doing the routine you posted.

It's a good routine to nail the fundamentals and take advantage of linear progression when you first start doing a proper weight training routine :)

I don't have a rowing machine or barbell, what could I use instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back