Ross

We only started 2 'youth' players yesterday and one of those was only because we had nobody else to play left wing-back.
how do yhou know we only started him becasuse there was no one ekse?
he played last year when there were two others nin his positon..the mansger chose to get rid of older players in his positon and start him..its called inevsting in youth...a minute ago you wnated it..nwo you are critcicising it...and three started not two..
hume gooch and embelton..your so invested in the youth you dont even know who they are.

pathetic.

After the checkatrade debarkel I started to doubt his knowledge and tactics.
After the play off final, it confirmed he didn’t have a clue about a one off ga tactics.
Start of the season it’s confirmed he’s not going to take us back up.
I loathe asking for his head and want him to continue as continuity is key to us establishing the club back in the championship, his head is on the block in the next 5-6 games now.

how do yhou know we only started him becasuse there was no one ekse?
he played last year when there were two others nin his positon..the mansger chose to get rid of older players in his positon and start him..its called inevsting in youth...a minute ago you wnated it..nwo you are critcicising it...and three started not two..
hume gooch and embelton..your so invested in the youth you dont even know who they are.

pathetic.

The fact that Hume is the only left-back/left wing-back anywhere near the first team suggests that there is nobody else to play there at the minute like. And Gooch isn't a kid anymore, he's 24 in December.

Nothing has changed from the end of last season, nothing.
thats what worries me..if we had drawn yesterday but it had been a goalfest where we created loads of chances and our players were playing in their proper positoons..i wouldnt have midned the draw so much..its that it was a draw in the same syyle as last seaosn.,,with players in the wrong psioitons and no attacking threat..

He is but im not sure we could attract him now. League one just too much of a drop but what id say is that he would guarantee promotion. The only question is does the owner have to balls to act on what we can all see.
Would have him back in a heartbeat. I know it's early days, but can't help feeling Ross is out of his depth now.

That's the most worrying thing. It appears he has learned absolutely nothing from last season.

5 more games and he has to go.
I said if he hadn't changed things in the first 10 games he would be on his way... most of the lads around us yesterday reckon its 5.....I'm now inclined to agree with them.

Does anyone know the style of play he wishes to implement?

We don't play out from the back and keep possession? We don't counter attack? We aren't physical and aggressive in pressing teams? We aren't long ball and direct?
He doesn't know what style of play he wants to implement :lol:

thats what worries me..if we had drawn yesterday but it had been a goalfest where we created loads of chances and our players were playing in their proper positoons..i wouldnt have midned the draw so much..its that it was a draw in the same syyle as last seaosn.,,with players in the wrong psioitons and no attacking threat..
Ask yourself if we won the midfield areas, any of them ,against a team like Oxford for god sake.? Is plain that its a no, that being the case its a big problem, one that I'm not sure Ross knows what to do..I think he as levelled out.

Nothing has changed from the end of last season, nothing.

The formation has mate, but the football was exactly the same. We could have played the same formation as last season and had the same outcome. A defensive error for the first goal and we failed to create enough opportunities.

The fact that Hume is the only left-back/left wing-back anywhere near the first team suggests that there is nobody else to play there at the minute like. And Gooch isn't a kid anymore, he's 24 in December.
humewas in the first team last year when there were three of them..the fact he was fgiven a new contract indicates they seem him as the future..

Could see us getting turned ower by Ipswich which will put big pressure on the pompey match. Get beat in a bad tempered, niggly match then the pressure will really be on. If we then got beat or drew against Rochdale i think his position would become more or less untenable. It just seems poised to snowball to me. No one seems convinced by him, even those who were saying give him another chance.

Could see us getting turned ower by Ipswich which will put big pressure on the pompey match. Get beat in a bad tempered, niggly match then the pressure will really be on. If we then got beat or drew against Rochdale i think his position would become more or less untenable. It just seems poised to snowball to me. No one seems convinced by him, even those who were saying give him another chance.

This is crazy in a way but I think that’s what it’s come to already. The way last season ended caused a hell of a lot of bitterness. I think the owners knew people were disappointed but the level of anger has been seriously underestimated.
You could tell by looking at message boards, other platforms and talking to other fans that it’s absolutely crucial for Ross that the side start well this season.
I thought he’d be given until Christmas but I think he won’t see the month out if things don’t improve or heaven forbid deteriorate further.

Back