Ross

If allardyce fancies us yes. He is a perfect manager for safc.
He is but im not sure we could attract him now. League one just too much of a drop but what id say is that he would guarantee promotion. The only question is does the owner have to balls to act on what we can all see.

He should have been sacked after the play offs

The owners had a chance after the Charlton game to show that they weren't willing to accept failure. Of all the concerns that have arisen about them over the summer, the fact that Ross is still here is the biggest issue of the lot for me.

It's already difficult to envisage him still being here come the end of October and the pre-season and transfer window feels like an absolute waste under Ross.

First game of the season but sorry, I was just reminded all over again why I had no confidence in him at all and why the play off final should have been the dealbreaker. Just seems inevitable that this season will be more of the same, lots of draws, boring football, negativity, capitulate and end up back in the play offs. We need an assertive and attacking manager.

Interesting reading Oxford forum (apart from whingeing about penalty and disallowed goal)... they reckon with the players we have we should have caused them problems and didn't. Very true unless there is a massive uplift in performance in the next few games, Ross has to go... sooner rather than later. If any new investors come in??? They are probably going to insist on it

It's perhaps a bit unfair to judge Ross on the first game of the season but fcuking hell that was bad.

He's not being judged on the first game of the season at all though. The reason the reaction after the opening game is so extreme is because it was the exact sort of disjointed performance we became accustomed to seeing almost every game from November onwards last season.

He's not being judged on the first game of the season at all though. The reason the reaction after the opening game is so extreme is because it was the exact sort of disjointed performance we became accustomed to seeing almost every game from November onwards last season.
Eggfuckingzactly

Ross thinks he's a master tactician.

It doesn't take tactics to get out of this league.

Just goals & graft.

Tosspot tactician

Yesterday was just just a continuation of last season. Ross just doesnt know how to set us up to keep a clean sheet, it cost us last season and it will cost us this season. Its surprising as the bloke was a defender so you would think he would know how to defend.

I’ve got no problem if Ross wants to play 3 at the back but I’m not sure he knows who he wants to play where.
Hume was badly exposed yesterday, and it also happened in pre season. Watching yesterday I don’t think it’s totally the lads fault as Flannigan, who’s a right footed player playing on the left of the back 3, was leaving the space behind Hume by not getting across quick enough.
Why isn’t Baldwin, our only left footed centre back playing there?
Together with the problems of last season still being there he’s also created new ones.
His post match interview could have been from any number of games last year.
I was one of the ones who were happy to give Ross another chance this season but I’m starting to doubt he can see the issues and it’s looking increasing like he doesn’t know how to put them right.

Marra I thought he should have been peddled after the play offs ffs.

It's perhaps a bit unfair to judge Ross on the first game of the season but fcuking hell that was bad.
Im not judging him on one game, im judging him on last season and yesterday. Not good enough. I dont see anything different but maybe give him half a dozen games.

Im not judging him on one game, im judging him on last season and yesterday. Not good enough. I dont see anything different but maybe give him half a dozen games.
My thoughts entirely, there was plenty on here at the end of last season happy enough to still have Ross as the manager. There's nothing different from last season, we won't get promoted with Ross.
The owners had a chance after the Charlton game to show that they weren't willing to accept failure. Of all the concerns that have arisen about them over the summer, the fact that Ross is still here is the biggest issue of the lot for me.

It's already difficult to envisage him still being here come the end of October and the pre-season and transfer window feels like an absolute waste under Ross.

Top post ^^^

Last edited:
we havent lost a starting CB though have we? so even if willis si shit we are he same at CB as last year..full back positon should be stronger though..we have roight backs coming out of our ears..and hume is a year more experienced now..

Full back position stronger? Are you mental

We’ve lost Oviedo & James without replacing yet. Let’s see who comes in

We’ve replaced Matthews for McLaughlin. We need to give the new player time however it’s not a definite he’s better yet. Let’s hope he’s an improvement

As for full backs coming out of our ears? Ffs

Full back position stronger? Are you mental

We’ve lost Oviedo & James without replacing yet. Let’s see who comes in

We’ve replaced Matthews for McLaughlin. We need to give the new player time however it’s not a definite he’s better yet. Let’s hope he’s an improvement

As for full backs coming out of our ears? Ffs
at right back we have mcloughlin, played at a higher level than this as a right back, flanagan, won promotion from this league and played 50 games in the league above at right back..
onien who played there for us last year and did ok..

adam matthews has left but was a reserve..

at left back..we need another..but hume is a better player now than last year i hope..

yesterday flanagn..who hax played his hwhole career as a right back or right sided centre back..was deployed om the left of a back three..of course he played poorly, he was played out of position..

Marra I thought he should have been peddled after the play offs ffs.

Aye, there was no logical reason to keep him after the Charlton fiasco. If we had started the season badly and improved as it went on, played good football or really invested in youth I'd have understood keeping him on despite not going up but none of those applied.

Even if we'd somehow spawned a result at Wembley I'd have had serious reservations about keeping him.

Aye, there was no logical reason to keep him after the Charlton fiasco. If we had started the season badly and improved as it went on, played good football or really invested in youth I'd have understood keeping him on despite not going up but none of those applied.

Even if we'd somehow spawned a result at Wembley I'd have had serious reservations about keeping him.
he is playing the youth now...the three thats ateretd yesterday had a thread about them from fans wanting them taken off..

Does anyone know the style of play he wishes to implement?

We don't play out from the back and keep possession? We don't counter attack? We aren't physical and aggressive in pressing teams? We aren't long ball and direct?

Back