Ross Vs Ainsworth Stats

The grass isn't always greener ....

Just look at these (rounded up) stats...

Jack Ross:

Managed: 76
Won: 39 (51%)
Drew: 27 (36%)
Lost: 10 (13%)

Ainsworth:

Managed: 378
Won: 152 (41%)
Drew: 97 (25%)
Lost: 129 (34%)

A manager who finished 17th last season last season vs a manger who has lost just 10 games in 18 months. Do we really want Ainsworth? Is there anyone better than either Manager? Personally wouldn't have Phillips, Quinn etc - Legends of the club, who would be turned upon if things went tits up!

How many wins/draws would Jackie get if he didn't hev the biggest budget?

Since you're not taking any circumstances into account does that mean you'd rather have Ross and Ainsworth over Allardyce who had a 29% win rate here?

I think Allardyces record as England manager is a 100% win? .... should this stat mean he is the best man for the England job? ...... statistically that is ;)

Fuck the stats. Ainsworth was managing newly promoted Wycombe whereas Ross was managing Sunderland with a left back that had played at the World Cup, a centre mid that captained England u21s, a 20 goal a season striker signed for 4 million which was the record league 1 deal, a player with 93 ROI caps in McGeady, a former USMNT player in Gooch, a Scotland international keeper in McLaughlin, a former welsh international right back in Matthews, need I go on.

Watched Sunderland vs Wycombe twice last year and Ross was out thought by Ainsworth in both games.
Aye but Ainsworth thought it was a good idea for his players to behave like fannies, diving and rolling around conning the ref. I much prefer footy myself.

Fuck the stats. Ainsworth was managing newly promoted Wycombe whereas Ross was managing Sunderland with a left back that had played at the World Cup, a centre mid that captained England u21s, a 20 goal a season striker signed for 4 million which was the record league 1 deal, a player with 93 ROI caps in McGeady, a former USMNT player in Gooch, a Scotland international keeper in McLaughlin, a former welsh international right back in Matthews, need I go on.

Watched Sunderland vs Wycombe twice last year and Ross was out thought by Ainsworth in both games.
But but but but

Are people really this stupid? Imagine if I managed Sunderland against an under 8 side 5 times. I’d end up with 5 wins and a 100% win ratio, does this make me the greatest SAFC manager that ever lived?

Depends? Jack Ross would probably say you were, everyone says he was nice bloke etc... but he pissed me off when he started spouting shite about his win % being the best we have had for years and that cant please some fans etc... he never looked at the context of the stats either.

Jack Ross:

Ainsworth:

A manager who finished 17th last season last season vs a manger who has lost just 10 games in 18 months. Do we really want Ainsworth? Is there anyone better than either Manager? Personally wouldn't have Phillips, Quinn etc - Legends of the club, who would be turned upon if things went tits up!
Personally I think Jack Ross had a squad which is far better than Wycombe - I think O'Nien was one of their best players for example. The difference from my perspective is that Ross didn't get the best out of his squad whereas Ainsworth is getting more out of his sqaud than their ability warrants. Not saying he's the best choice but....

To be fair to the OP, the stats are what they are but I think this is a good example of the dangers of reviewing performance through a limited number of objective facts and missing the full story.
Having said that, I’ve got no idea what Ainsworth would be like at SAFC.

Jack Ross:

Ainsworth:

Have you failed to consider that Ross had better players at his disposal? Yes, I believe you have.

Jack Ross:

Ainsworth:

David moyes was excellent at Everton and horrific at safc what's your point

If Ainsworth or any other lower league manager comes to SAFC then the first spell of poor results, which all managers have will have the fans turn on him and labelling him out of his depth. We all know it, its why its pointless getting rid of one up and coming manager to replace him with another. The fact Ainsworth has been at Wycombe for 9 years should tell you something, why has nobody else come in for him?

Any stats for being bored to death?
:lol::lol::lol:
If Ainsworth or any other lower league manager comes to SAFC then the first spell of poor results, which all managers have will have the fans turn on him and labelling him out of his depth. We all know it, its why its pointless getting rid of one up and coming manager to replace him with another. The fact Ainsworth has been at Wycombe for 9 years should tell you something, why has nobody else come in for him?
Blaming the fans again, log off

You could say the same about Stendal in terms of the players he had. Much better squad. Looking into what Ainsworth has done over the years is quite an achievement.

I remember when they gave spurs a game in the cup.

Also like the in-game tactics here. mark maddison out of the game. maddison even commented on how he was kicked for 60 minutes.

Last edited:

Jack Ross:

Ainsworth:

Speaking to a Wycombe fan I know , I really don’t want ainsworth he said he will get us well organised and hard to play against but it’s all route 1 football

Back