Ross to be Hibee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we did.

Your opinion. In my opinion it’s the equivalent of Man United finishing 5th in the Championship.
Our centre backs were shite, our centre forwards were shite (apart from one), our midfield was one dimensional and slow. But yeah apart from that our squad was class.

Let’s forget the fact we had by far and away the best squad and infrastructure that league one has ever seen. Then concentrate on the Pompey Wembley defeat when we were absolutely crushing to victory and destroying them and he switches to 5 5 0, and got outthought by Kenny Jacket and didn’t have an answer.
Although people always seem to forget Ross out thought Kenny Jacket in the play off semi finals which we actually won very comfortably, perfomance wise rather than scorelines. Even after Ozturk got sent off in the first leg Portsmouth never laid a glove on us so Ross deserves a modicum of credit for that. The Checkatrade was a canny day out at Wembley but the Play Off semis were more important. Obviously we ended up with zilch at the end of the season which ultimately is failure and the manager has to carry the can for that in the end of season report, but I'm just trying to provide a touch of balance among the furore.

Although people always seem to forget Ross out thought Kenny Jacket in the play off semi finals which we actually won very comfortably, perfomance wise rather than scorelines. Even after Ozturk got sent off in the first leg Portsmouth never laid a glove on us so Ross deserves a modicum of credit for that. The Checkatrade was a canny day out at Wembley but the Play Off semis were more important. Obviously we ended up with zilch at the end of the season which ultimately is failure and the manager has to carry the can for that in the end of season report, but I'm just trying to provide a touch of balance among the furore.

Comfortably? Portsmouth had some clear cut opportunities to score at Fratton Park which fortunately for us, they missed. I only recall us creating one chance down there, Maguire's that was flicked over the keeper's head but he slipped before his attempt to knock it in.

They missed a few howlers and had that gone to extra time, we'd have been playing for penalties minimum. We had sbsolutely nothing in the final third. You can argue it was a solid defensive performance, but we had no teeth in front of goal.

Comfortably? Portsmouth had some clear cut opportunities to score at Fratton Park which fortunately for us, they missed. I only recall us creating one chance down there, Maguire's that was flicked over the keeper's head but he slipped before his attempt to knock it in.

They missed a few howlers and had that gone to extra time, we'd have been playing for penalties minimum. We had sbsolutely nothing in the final third. You can argue it was a solid defensive performance, but we had no teeth in front of goal.
I disagree. Yes, Portsmouth had a few opportunities down there but they were hardly playing "Shottie In". They were chasing the game after the first leg and should have created a lot more chances than they did at Fratton Park.

My original comment was in response to a post stating Kenny Jackett out thought Jack Ross at Wembley (which is true). In my view it was the other way around in the Play Off semis.

Mate, the football wasn't successful at all. We won nothing last season and we had gone backwards this season. There was no clear improvement, if there had been, perhaps everyone would have been more patient.

Whilst Parkinson will also have his faults, our xG has improved since he has taken over. It shows that despite our inability to win as many games as we'd like, we're at least creating opportunities and more importantly getting players in the box, we struggled massively in the final third with Ross, this I believe was his key issue. We also signed Wyke and Grigg, with no clear idea of how they fit into the team, the same can be said for most of our signings e.g. O'Nien, Maguire, Leadbitter, McGeouch.

I agree with you re: players, but Parkinson is due time and he need the opportunity to bring in his own players in January.
With the crop of players maybes it was as successful as we would ever get? Two trips to Wembley and coming so close to promotion I think was a good crack at it.

The players and the recruitment team need to take the blame for me.

And yes we have gone backwards this season, maybes the loss of Catts is to blame? Another player who many wished would fuck off. I think he was maybes more influential than we thought?

Anyways, we would go round in circles, we are where we are and it looks like a long season ahead...unless something clicks and we start rattling that onion bag with the chances we are creating.

With the crop of players maybes it was as successful as we would ever get? Two trips to Wembley and coming so close to promotion I think was a good crack at it.

The players and the recruitment team need to take the blame for me.

And yes we have gone backwards this season, maybes the loss of Catts is to blame? Another player who many wished would fuck off. I think he was maybes more influential than we thought?

Anyways, we would go round in circles, we are where we are and it looks like a long season ahead...unless something clicks and we start rattling that onion bag with the chances we are creating.
Totally agree. Turns out the players are pretty average and imo Ross did a decent job.

I wish him all of the best personally. He came across as a genuine bloke and I do still think he could become a pretty good manager, if he can learn from past mistakes and start to adapt.

However, I can’t even pretend to hope that Hibs do well.

McGeady? f***ing short memories on here
I'd always had a funny feeling that McGeady will end up back in Scotland. I wouldn't be surprised if he left in January.
I have nothing against the bloke tbf and wish him all the best.

Any manager who comes to us over the last 15 years has failed, many who we had welcomed with open arms.
I wouldn't say Keane or Allardyce failed.

Last edited:
Dead cert he continues not learning from mistakes, play half the side out of position and paralysed to make subs
Play the youth for one game then never again when his arse drops out and so forth :)

Take Flanagan, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back