Ross McCormack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell- I currently live in Istanbul but would fly back to drive him to you if there was a chance he'd go. He's not on the list of wankers we need to rid ourselves of but was truly awful last season.It got to the point where rather than play him we'd stick Jedinak at central defence. I'd love to see Kodjia come up against any defence that has Elphick in it.

Sounds like the type of player we would sign.

True, but on the other hand Grayson had him at Leeds and clearly rates him - you're right what you say though, seems more of a number 10 than a 9.

And maybe he'll be able to get the best out of him. It may be that he just didn't fit in last season and he wasn't used to not being the big man at the club (well his size guarantees him that). Either way, whether its him not fitting in, or us needing to shift players because of FFP, its probably best for both parties that we move on.

Sounds like the type of player we would sign.

Its the type that we did.

And maybe he'll be able to get the best out of him. It may be that he just didn't fit in last season and he wasn't used to not being the big man at the club (well his size guarantees him that). Either way, whether its him not fitting in, or us needing to shift players because of FFP, its probably best for both parties that we move on.

Its the type that we did.
Didnt he get done for going awol from training at forest last season aswell?

The firs thing I was unaware of when he joined us (Villa) was that he isn't an out and out forward but likes to play off the forwards, and rarely breaks into the box. I thin there's a player in there but maybe it's come and gone for him. Maybe he will do well for you but I'm not going to mourn him leaving us. That we're prepared to let him go, and to you (as potential rivals) should speak volumes.

On a big wage, cost a big fee, completely unwanted by the manager and you have a lot of financial issues.

If you can loan him to us for a fee, get some of his wage covered and possibly sell him I think you will jump at the chance....rivalry aside.

Will either come here and keep working his ticket or sort himself out after a change of scenery.

Will be our Lens replacement by the sounds of it.

Was it a season back he scored 28 goals in a season? If he gets near that here we have a great chance of being up there

He has 137 goals in 327 appearences

We are leaving our manager with a lot of pressure to get the best out of players with questionable form , attitude and injury history due to a lack of investment in the required quality. This isn't an unusual place for a Sunderland manager to be in, just a different league. I hope it pays off this time. If not I'm sure Grayson will be blamed.

The firs thing I was unaware of when he joined us (Villa) was that he isn't an out and out forward but likes to play off the forwards, and rarely breaks into the box. I thin there's a player in there but maybe it's come and gone for him. Maybe he will do well for you but I'm not going to mourn him leaving us. That we're prepared to let him go, and to you (as potential rivals) should speak volumes.

Aye, McCormack is absolutely a support/secondary striker more than and out and out striker. He will need to play in behind someone to be most effective.

68 goals and 34 assists in 152 games in that position compared to 17 goals and 16 assists in 72 as a number 9.

Aye, McCormack is absolutely a support/secondary striker more than and out and out striker. He will need to play in behind someone to be most effective.

68 goals and 34 assists in 152 games in that position compared to 17 goals and 16 assists in 72 as a number 9.
Where did Grayson play him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back