Ross calls for perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll give him perspective.

60+ games last year and we regressed as a side, we are playing a more negative set up yet conceded a 1 on 1 after 4 minutes when they waltzed round Tom Flanagan who he continues to pick. We are playing a formation that doesn’t look right for our side and we’ve barely put a 90 minutes together since he joined.

The bloke is inept and in reality he’s lucky he even has a job. The bloke is consistently making excuses and covering his own back every time he speaks in the media.

Hard to disagree with these points. Not many friendlies arranges for new system and if wanting to play 352 might as well have sold our wingers who happen to be amongst the best players. No idea how O’Nien doesn’t get in either at least he is a goal threat.

If it's 0-3 after Portsmouth it could even be curtains that early IMO. The ease at how we got cut open on Saturday really worried me. Can not set up like that agaisnt decent teams, especially away from home. Get ripped apart.
I think we get cut open easily quite often. When do we cut open teams?? Ive watched burton Coventry oxford Luton playing some decent stuff while we are playing rigid slow paced stuff!!

Hard to disagree with these points. Not many friendlies arranges for new system and if wanting to play 352 might as well have sold our wingers who happen to be amongst the best players. No idea how O’Nien doesn’t get in either at least he is a goal threat.

Takes months to train to go to 3 at the back and we didn’t sign the players for it.

When we signed McLaughlin there was no talk he was coming in to play RCB, it was all that we needed a right back and it was a key position to address.

If it's 0-3 after Portsmouth it could even be curtains that early IMO. The ease at how we got cut open on Saturday really worried me. Can not set up like that agaisnt decent teams, especially away from home. Get ripped apart.

Impossible. Even Ross isn’t that bad.

In terms of getting into the right areas we did that a lot more often, the final ball however was shocking. The amount of times the ball sailed through their penalty area with no real accuracy was a joke.

There were a few signs of improvement i think. The centre of midfield competed much better and like i said, we got into better areas. We just have to work on making that count a lot better.

Our distribution from centre back was piss poor and needs huge work. Flanagan is the weak link of the 3 imo.

Hume isnt the answer at left back either. I didnt understand why people rated him last season either. Too lightweight, doesnt fully commit to tackles, doesnt compete in the air and was standing off his man numerous times and allowing them free crosses. A left sided wing back and an attacking midfielder away from making real progress imo.

Slight signs of improvement from a few of last season's later games, maybe?

Massive drop in quality from Ross' first L1 game in charge, where we had a raw O'Nein and a 16yr old playing in the middle against a now-Championship side and ultimately deserved to win. That seems unforgivable to me, can't really believe he survived the summer.

Reactions: MSC
Let's have a poll mods

I think he'll be lucky if he polls at 33% to stay.

Sounds like his building his exit strategy

I would also be very interested a poll being done, after all we had one for Moyes.

It takes the right type of manager to manage a club our side, I was hopeful Ross was big enough to do that job now im not so sure. If he does get the bullet the owners need to find a manager who can handle the pressure...That would be BSA for me...

When Oxford and so many league one teams, bully us and run the game for the referee, we are a laughing stock. Wise up. By the way mentioned in an excellent article by Gary Burrell in A L S.

It takes the right type of manager to manage a club our side, I was hopeful Ross was big enough to do that job now im not so sure. If he does get the bullet the owners need to find a manager who can handle the pressure...That would be BSA for me...

Agreed, i think with this club you have to have a strong mindset and be able to take the fans with you, like Keane and Sam did, Ross, this is the biggest job he's had so far, and the size of the club maybe to much for him to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back