Root - Useless Captain

Spot on. Same goes for Anderson and Broad. Similar logic SHOULD have applied for Root but who else was available? We rushed into the Cook decision.
Yeah, wish Cook had stayed on a couple more years, but the lifespan of the captain is generally about 3-4 years.

He's been as bad as anybody else in the last 3 years. May as well have kept Jennings in. Both openers are daft choices.
If we are going down Odis might as well bring Roy and Hales back in

Can we be any worse than 50 for 3 every innings?

If we are going down Odis might as well bring Roy and Hales back in

Can we be any worse than 50 for 3 every innings?

My point is we have been focusing too much on one day cricket over the past few years hence why the test side has suffered. Bringing Roy for example into the side is not going to solve any problems. Mind you, I always thought Hales could be a test match batsman...

My point is we have been focusing too much on one day cricket over the past few years hence why the test side has suffered. Bringing Roy for example into the side is not going to solve any problems. Mind you, I always thought Hales could be a test match batsman...
Both have the talent. But both seem to put one day cricket first in their priority, or at least both are 50 over/T20 cricketers first. They don't seem to be pressing for a Test spot.

The truth is the Test team most of all needs top order batsmen, ie batsmen with the skill and temperament to play in the top order.

Can Marsden Rock hold a bat?

Back