Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing stats and trophies yet in my opinion could have done even better if he’d been a model pro like ronaldo

That's the thing with Rooney, he was that good as a young lad that he had the potential to be an all time world great!

I do think that taking away his temper
That's an unbelievable record - I am not giving you a job here but I wonder how it compares to Ronaldo and Messi?

Go on you know you want to ...............................

The fuck you waffling on about?

Rooney has had a tremendous career and at his peak was world class.
I'm not comparing him to anyone

Ronaldo and Messi could have had better careers as well. When you are a top player, there's always ones that got away, but let's be fair, if you've won every club honour there is to win and are the leading scorer for club and country, you cant really look back and say he didnt live up to all the hype he got. Outside of 11 blokes in the mid-60s, Rooney's pretty much done as well as every other Englishman in that shirt.
Amazing stats and trophies yet in my opinion could have done even better if he’d been a model pro like ronaldo
I dont think anyone compares to Ronaldo when it comes to preperation and fitness. I reckon Messi is better, but Ronaldo is famously a machine when it comes to how he prepares for games. Having the amount of injuries Rooney had at such an early age doesnt help either, mind.

Last edited:
Nothing against him but I wouldn't call him management material. A coach maybe but definitely not a manager.

Thought the same but he’s had a decent start plus the youngins will run through walls for him
I regard him as being as one of the all time great English players (most outfield England caps, most goals for both Man Utd & England, despite not being an out & out striker, could & did play in a variety of positions). He won plenty of stuff with Man Utd but if he looked after himself better he could've continued at the top level a bit longer & won even more.

If he’d never got injured during the euros when Sven took him as a kid there's every chance we’d have won that tournament he was that good.
I think that’s where the resentment comes from with people as he never hit that level of performance again for england in tournaments despite how many goals he scored. That plus the fact he’s human with flaws like everyone else

Last edited:
Why not? Experience is overrated. Played and been successful at the highest level his whole career. Probably took in a great deal from Sir Alex along the way, good luck to him.
Wasted talent.
What :lol: fantastic player who won loads and broke all kinds of records

He was fkin brilliant!
But English and enjoyed what comes with it, so settled for brilliant and not world class!
Personally I reckon he seen Ronaldo at man utd and thought fk that

He's kinda like Andy Murray. A top player who can win things more than once to prove it's not a one off fluke, be considered the #1 at times yet still seem significantly behind the absolute top players.
Good way of putting it. Agree.

I think he was more naturally gifted than Ronaldo and Messi.

Unfortunately he was also thick as a castle wall and suffered from the English disease of lifestyle and arrogance. Very little improvement took place from when he burst onto the scene at 16/17. The true greats learn and adapt all through their careers. A bit like Gerrard, once the legs went that was them finished.

Rooney could have been the physical specimen that Cristano Ronaldo became if he went to Real Madrid and received special “treatment” from their special doctors!

He was a tremendous player and anyone that doesn’t see that is a f***ing idiot and football isn’t for you.

Rooney never reached the levels that the media and Sky predicted for him. They were comparing him to Pele and Maradona and saying he'll be the greatest player of his generation! That's not his fault.

Tremendous player. Bad result today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back