Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish him well, Derby are a cracking club and would be canny to see Rooney prove that you don't need to be a smart arse to make it as a manager. That said he's starting deep in the shite, may well be a disaster but time will tell I guess.

Rooney should have done better in his playing career? He played for years at Man Utd. and won a stack of things.
Derby are a good working class supported club? What does that mean?
He started to decline quite young but at the same time he was a world beater as a teenager so had alot of miles on the clock.

Top goalscorer for Man United and England. Incredible career even if some people dismiss him because England didnt win anything (Messi hasnt won anything internationally either) and because he was quite controversial off the field.

Boxing day 2007 Rooney and Ronaldo absolutely destroyed us. I think that was the best side ive ever seen.
I wonder what happened to that Ronaldo lad. Looked like he was going to be special.

Always like to see new blood do well, he is fortunate to have such a chance.

His lack of discipline in his playing career will probably result in it not ending well. Maybe he will use that to stop players from making the same mistakes he did.

Probably carried the weight of the country on his shoulders too young. The only thing missing was international honours.

Sure I was in the pub when he broke his foot against Chelsea. There were cheers when he went down injured from the home fans, then a sudden realisation he'd be fucked for England in the summer. That was our year until that point.

Top goalscorer for Man United and England. Incredible career even if some people dismiss him because England didnt win anything (Messi hasnt won anything internationally either) and because he was quite controversial off the field.

Boxing day 2007 Rooney and Ronaldo absolutely destroyed us. I think that was the best side ive ever seen.
I have seen Ronaldo marked out of a game by Phil bardsley, unsure if wazza was playing too.

He started to decline quite young but at the same time he was a world beater as a teenager so had alot of miles on the clock.
Think that's it.

10 year ago you could have put him in the same bracket as Ronaldo and Messi.

In the last five year though he dropped into Man Utd's midfield, then went to Everton, then DC, then Derby, all of which is more recent in the memory than him in his prime.

Whereas the other two are still coming up with the goods well into their 30s.

Think that's it.

10 year ago you could have put him in the same bracket as Ronaldo and Messi.

In the last five year though he dropped into Man Utd's midfield, then went to Everton, then DC, then Derby, all of which is more recent in the memory than him in his prime.

Whereas the other two are still coming up with the goods well into their 30s.
Yep. I think both of them are more genetically gifted than Rooney as well as being more professional. I'd have them in a bracket of their own like with the likes of Rooney in the next group down.

Yep. I think both of them are more genetically gifted than Rooney as well as being more professional. I'd have them in a bracket of their own like with the likes of Rooney in the next group down.
Think your spot on except for Messi perhaps being genetically gifted, he had to get growth injections as a youngster cos he was too small, if Rooney had been more dedicated he could of still being going strong now, then let it all loose for the rest of his life lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back