Roof leaking. Washing machine leaking. Bank balance soon to be leaking.

Criminals is a bit steep

Ive got a mini3 pro for sale if your interested, takes the guesswork out of it
Sorry like but alot are untrustworthy. It’s a trade that have a very poor reputation.

I know a couple of roofers who are top notch. Booked out for the next six months. If I had to get a full rebuild of the roof I’d wait to book either of them but they both say they wouldn’t trust half the companies they know.

Just yesterday my next door neighbour was getting his extension roof redone.

Surprise surprise the lads noticed issues with another part of the roof which needed fixing.

I had real issues but this stuff has stopped the rain getting in, even in this month of rain. Not a perm fix obvs but short term might avoid spending shitloads

Given the shit weather we have in this country it’s no surprise tbf.

I’ve had a ten year battle with water leaking into the bay window of one of the spare rooms.

Roof has been stripped twice and replaced, 3 different roof companies have tried to source and repair the leak and still no joy as tonight I noticed yet another leak.

I had same problem in my last house. Possibly not the roof & it's getting in from eroded cement further up or something

Fooks sake. The roof is only 2 year old and it's leaking like a twat. Did a wash today and water all over the floor in an upstairs flat.

Stressful Mate and I’ve been there.
It only takes a small area of damage, often very small to have to big impact, clearly obvious but important, water moves downwards, thus the area of damage is not often directly where your water will be coming through.

Flat roof or tiled?
Hope you find a decent one.

My roof or guttering is goosed like. Water coming into daughters room. Murder getting anyone to come out and do jobs at the house at the minute.

Still never recovered from Covid mate. We had an issue last year with the roof and I only got sorted within a matter of days because I called in a favour with a lad I’ve sorted match tickets out for.

The work required ended up costing £1000 but the two other firms that bothered to turn up to give me a quote wanted £3000+

Given the shit weather we have in this country it’s no surprise tbf.

I’ve had a ten year battle with water leaking into the bay window of one of the spare rooms.

Roof has been stripped twice and replaced, 3 different roof companies have tried to source and repair the leak and still no joy as tonight I noticed yet another leak.

It sounds like a cavity tray fault, not saying it is mind. Roofers more than likely wouldn't know about them, very difficult to diagnose without pulling stuff out which will cost.
Having said that a roofer should be able to see where the leak was when stripping the roof, did any of them say what they thought the problem was?

It sounds like a cavity tray fault, not saying it is mind. Roofers more than likely wouldn't know about them, very difficult to diagnose without pulling stuff out which will cost.
Having said that a roofer should be able to see where the leak was when stripping the roof, did any of them say what they thought the problem was?
All have said it’s faulty installation of the previous roof.

All have said it’s faulty installation of the previous roof.

Hmmm, not certain I believe that has happened twice, the new rubber roofing materials epdm shouldn't leak and lasts much longer than felt - assuming the bay is felt, difficult to say exactly what it is though.
I mean believe them.

Last edited:
Stressful Mate and I’ve been there.
It only takes a small area of damage, often very small to have to big impact, clearly obvious but important, water moves downwards, thus the area of damage is not often directly where your water will be coming through.

Flat roof or tiled?
Hope you find a decent one.
It's a tiled roof. Think it's somehow getting in under the gutter.

Sorry like but alot are untrustworthy. It’s a trade that have a very poor reputation.

I know a couple of roofers who are top notch. Booked out for the next six months. If I had to get a full rebuild of the roof I’d wait to book either of them but they both say they wouldn’t trust half the companies they know.

Just yesterday my next door neighbour was getting his extension roof redone.

Surprise surprise the lads noticed issues with another part of the roof which needed fixing.
I suppose every trade, and profession in general has good apples and bad at the end of the day.

It's a tiled roof. Think it's somehow getting in under the gutter.

I had the most smallest of holes in one tile.
Was running down underneath the tiles on top of the black insulation.
It has to escape and was coming through the utility room ceiling.

Took ages to sort but was such a tiny hole.
Did mine by using a hose and process of elimination to find the issue - 1 suspect tile with a crack. Sealed, placed insulation underneath and sorted.

Not ideal if you have a tiled roof and high building. Mine was easy as could stand on the garage roof and reach the issue.

I guess yours is only leaking when it rains?
Which is likely a tile? Always the daft questions and thought, water cannot travel up hill. That alone will help direct you to the likely cause. Horizontal rain again unlikely.
Probably one small crack, rain getting in and can’t escape, thus finds a way and likely your leak.
Hope you fix it Mate, usually it’s not that expensive either, just don’t get ripped off.

If only I was close as know a decent roofer.

I had the most smallest of holes in one tile.
Was running down underneath the tiles on top of the black insulation.
It has to escape and was coming through the utility room ceiling.

Took ages to sort but was such a tiny hole.
Did mine by using a hose and process of elimination to find the issue - 1 suspect tile with a crack. Sealed, placed insulation underneath and sorted.

Not ideal if you have a tiled roof and high building. Mine was easy as could stand on the garage roof and reach the issue.

I guess yours is only leaking when it rains?
Which is likely a tile? Always the daft questions and thought, water cannot travel up hill. That alone will help direct you to the likely cause. Horizontal rain again unlikely.
Probably one small crack, rain getting in and can’t escape, thus finds a way and likely your leak.
Hope you fix it Mate, usually it’s not that expensive either, just don’t get ripped off.

If only I was close as know a decent roofer.
Funny thing is tho is that it happened about a year ago once then stopped. Now it started again. Baffling.

Back