Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know much about Dylan & I've never really been a fan of Dylan's studio voice, but he's outstanding in this. Isis is fantastic.

The majority of this documentary is fiction, they never had a manager travelling about with cash in a suitcase, booking venues, Sharon Stone never went to the Gigs, she did get photographed with Dylan at some point though. What's the crack with his hiatous after his motorbike crash, my theory is getting off the scag
I've always had the same theory anarl. He done a ridiculous amount of speed and smack in the couple of years leading up to the "crash"

Don't know much about Dylan & I've never really been a fan of Dylan's studio voice, but he's outstanding in this. Isis is fantastic.

The majority of this documentary is fiction, they never had a manager travelling about with cash in a suitcase, booking venues, Sharon Stone never went to the Gigs, she did get photographed with Dylan at some point though. What's the crack with his hiatous after his motorbike crash, my theory is getting off the scag
If you haven't seen it (and you mustn't have if you're comparing his studio voice) watch No Direction Home. Scorcese's previous Dylan film, about him going electric, it is fantastic.
Then watch Scorsese's films about the blues. Epic.

Last edited:
:lol:
I started watching it at me dads, when it came on he said 'great song this'.
I gave him the talk, he backed down to 'class lyrics though' and then I admitted that I liked that live version a lot more. :lol::lol:
His voice is amazing on these few clips so far.
Ya dar knars the score about Isis and should have told you where to gan :lol:

Yup, I adore the whole Desire album.
My favourite Dylan album, except for Isis obviously which gans on and on and on.

I've always had the same theory anarl. He done a ridiculous amount of speed and smack in the couple of years leading up to the "crash"
He's since more or less admitted that the crash never happened or wasn't in any way as bad as it was reported hasn't he?

His voice is amazing on these few clips so far.
Ya dar knars the score about Isis and should have told you where to gan :lol:
:lol:
Tell uz where to gan? He never stops. :lol:

Last edited:
My favourite Dylan album, except for Isis obviously which gans on and on and on.

He's since more or less admitted that the crash never happened or wasn't in any way as bad as it was reported hasn't he?
Shurtup man its the repetition that makes it a masterpiece...the 3/4 time, those 3 chords, the tempo, everything. Its stunning .

Dinnar but tbh I wouldn't believe a word the old bastard says anyway :lol:

Shurtup man its the repetition that makes it a masterpiece...the 3/4 time, those 3 chords, the tempo, everything. Its stunning .

Better late than niver. :lol:
I know how repetition works in poetry, lyrics, music and comedy. It just f***ing drones on though. :lol:

I've just typed a detailed retort to that. Posted it and missed the 5 minute deadline. :lol:

Last edited:

Reckoned he was strung out earlier than that, but he was fulla nonsense where speaking to journalists etc was concerned.

Think the crash was genuine, broke his neck apparently. Retreated to upstate NY with his wife and kids. Had arseholes breaking in looking for the voice of a generation when at that point he was done with it all.

The dodgy awld shop keeper when he gans for a bike ride with their lass in Chronicles. Off the fuckin wall. :lol:

1964 is when he was supposedly 'strung out'. You can just about hear it in the way the way he rambles through Another Side of Bob Dylan. I think he genuinely got away from all that as it wasn't for him (may have read he didn't like needles but could be confusing that with something else). I think it was mainly grass and amphetamine thereafter, the grass for his mind, the speed just to keep him going. 'Ludes wouldn't be a shock. Lennon tried to claim they were both on heroin when they met on his '66 tour of England but I think that's been debunked.

Dylan married in '65, and had four children between '66 and '69. He was just getting away from it all and trying to be the family man.

Last edited:
Reckoned he was strung out earlier than that, but he was fulla nonsense where speaking to journalists etc was concerned.

Think the crash was genuine, broke his neck apparently. Retreated to upstate NY with his wife and kids. Had arseholes breaking in looking for the voice of a generation when at that point he was done with it all.

The dodgy awld shop keeper when he gans for a bike ride with their lass in Chronicles. Off the fuckin wall. :lol:

1964 is when he was supposedly 'strung out'. You can just about hear it in the way the way he rambles through Another Side of Bob Dylan. I think he genuinely got away from all that as it wasn't for him (may have read he didn't like needles but could be confusing that with something else). I think it was mainly grass and amphetamine thereafter, the grass for his mind, the speed just to keep him going. 'Ludes wouldn't be a shock. Lennon tried to claim they were both on heroin when they met on his '66 tour of England but I think that's been debunked.

Dylan married in '65, and had four children between '66 and '69. He was just getting away from it all and trying to be the family man.
You can see in the footage of him in 1966 that he's absolutely off his nut.
Have you read 'Like The Night'? There's a suggestion in there that Albert Grossman was controlling Dylan with drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back