Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story

Dylan was in brilliant form during those performances. Absolutely top drawer.
I noticed it was on the usual film sites yesterday so I'll be giving it a watch. I love that era of Dylan and Scorsese's last film about him was f***ing brilliant. I showed the live footage from that one to a fair few people and converted a load who only knew him through the famous singles and ropey album recordings. :cool:

It is the Martin Scorsese movie on Netflix.
If it's on there then happy f***ing days. :lol:

Watched 30 mins with headphones to get full affect of the sound. The version of Isis was superb.
Patti Smith can ramble on abit.
Apparently they borrowed Frank Zappa's motorhome with Bob at the wheel.
Got the rest still to watch.

Don't know much about Dylan & I've never really been a fan of Dylan's studio voice, but he's outstanding in this. Isis is fantastic.

The majority of this documentary is fiction, they never had a manager travelling about with cash in a suitcase, booking venues, Sharon Stone never went to the Gigs, she did get photographed with Dylan at some point though. What's the crack with his hiatous after his motorbike crash, my theory is getting off the scag

Just put it on.
Can't wait to hear Isis, which I'm sure we all agree is one of the finest story songs ever written.
:lol:
I started watching it at me dads, when it came on he said 'great song this'.
I gave him the talk, he backed down to 'class lyrics though' and then I admitted that I liked that live version a lot more. :lol::lol:

Back