Rolling Stones Friday top 5

They did though, in abundance.
Agreed.

Haven't listened to beast of burden in ages, straight on

love the thread

Good man, never too late

My old man has been 10 times, first saw them as a teenager, he was gutted when Sunderland turned them down, said that was one of the things he wanted to see before he died.
It's me fave at the minute. People like to bang on about Brian and that like, but 1970's Stones were fuckin' great. Some Girls is a class record. Love this...

I like putting it on on vinyl when I come in pissed. :lol:

Last edited:
Only 3 more days until they hit Old Trafford! They've had some good reviews so far.

Shame it's the dismal Richard Ashcroft supporting, I hope he does more Verve stuff than his solo efforts.

Only 3 more days until they hit Old Trafford! They've had some good reviews so far.

Shame it's the dismal Richard Ashcroft supporting, I hope he does more Verve stuff than his solo efforts.
A recent setlist of his:
Sonnet
This Is How It Feels
Break the Night With Colour
A Song for the Lovers
Music Is Power
Velvet Morning
Science of Silence
Space and Time
Lucky Man
The Drugs Don't Work
Hold On
Bitter Sweet Symphony

I'll be seeing him with the Stones on Saturday and then next month support Roger Waters so I made a playlist of his set on Spotify as I've not been interested in anything of his since Urban Hymns. It's alreet to be honest, and enough familiar songs to keep it ticking over nicely.

A recent setlist of his:
Sonnet
This Is How It Feels
A Song for the Lovers
Music Is Power
Velvet Morning
Science of Silence
Space and Time
Lucky Man
The Drugs Don't Work
Hold On
Bitter Sweet Symphony

I'll be seeing him with the Stones on Saturday and then next month support Roger Waters so I made a playlist of his set on Spotify as I've not been interested in anything of his since Urban Hymns. It's alreet to be honest, and enough familiar songs to keep it ticking over nicely.

looks canny to be fair, Break the Night With Colour is my favourite of his, pleased he's doing a few Verve songs too.

A recent setlist of his:
Sonnet
This Is How It Feels
A Song for the Lovers
Music Is Power
Velvet Morning
Science of Silence
Space and Time
Lucky Man
The Drugs Don't Work
Hold On
Bitter Sweet Symphony

I thought the Verves last album was very good.

I can't even be bothered to listen to Urban Hymns man, why would I dig out an unheard of follow-up? The Verve haven't been relevant for twenty year.

Because you might like it? I'd be gutted if I'd duffed Radiohead off after Ok Computer as I'd have missed out on them going in a completely different direction and making vastly superior records.

This isn't a debate on Radiohead mind (they're obviously top drawer) just pointing out you could be potentially missing out on music you like.

Because you might like it? I'd be gutted if I'd duffed Radiohead off after Ok Computer as I'd have missed out on them going in a completely different direction and making vastly superior records.

This isn't a debate on Radiohead mind (they're obviously top drawer) just pointing out you could be potentially missing out on music you like.

I don't really care. I'm confident there's lots of music I might like out there that I may never hear. Sometimes the wheat sorts itself out from the chaff naturally, sometimes ya happen upon it, and sometimes ya need something to peak your interest. At present, nothing peaks my interest to make me want to revisit the Verve. There's plenty of other things to listen to.

Back