Rolling Stones 2022 tour, AMX tickets

glen

Striker
Rolling Stones just announced a 40th anniversary tour for this summer, and i'm toying with buying tickets for Hyde Park.

Their official website says presale starts this weds and general sale on friday.

I looked at AMEX site to see if there was anything for their cardholders; it doesn't appear so, but there was a link to AMX tickets, which appears to be selling tickets today.

Has anybody had any experience buying tickets through AMX? Internet reviews are mixed

Rolling Stones just announced a 40th anniversary tour for this summer, and i'm toying with buying tickets for Hyde Park.

Their official website says presale starts this weds and general sale on friday.

I looked at AMEX site to see if there was anything for their cardholders; it doesn't appear so, but there was a link to AMX tickets, which appears to be selling tickets today.

Has anybody had any experience buying tickets through AMX? Internet reviews are mixed

40th? 60th shirley

I’m tempted by the Anfield one but not sure I’m going to be able to justify the likely cost of it all, if a north east date was announced that would be ideal. Bit like The Who now as well though in that less than half the band are even original members.

Been through the various links. Looks straight forward enough to me. Get them booked.

The prices seemed expensive, but shortly after that I saw a FB ad for a bunch of shite tribute acts playing in a pub and the tickets were £25, so is it really that bad?

I've sat in those highest seats in Anfield and you may as well be standing outside one of the local pubs, listening with a pint.

Last edited:
How has The Who got less than half of their original members.

Well to be specific they have only half, not less than half, but I’m sure you knew what I meant. I find it hard to class a band with half or less than half of its original members from their pomp as the same band - they only are in name really.

Well to be specific they have only half, not less than half, but I’m sure you knew what I meant. I find it hard to class a band with half or less than half of its original members from their pomp as the same band - they only are in name really.
To be fair though, Ronnie's been in the band 48 years.

And (Mick voice now...) "Darr-yll on Bass" has been their bass player for 29 years, which is just a few shy of Wyman's 31 year stint.

It's gonna be strange without dear old Charlie but what can ya do?

Page and Plant playing Led Zep are Led Zep. Ditto for The Who and The Stones.

Page and Paul Jones not Led Zep.
To be fair though, Ronnie's been in the band 48 years.

And (Mick voice now...) "Darr-yll on Bass" has been their bass player for 29 years, which is just a few shy of Wyman's 31 year stint.

It's gonna be strange without dear old Charlie but what can ya do?
Ronnie's still hired help though.

Last edited:

Back