Rolling Stone greatest bassists

Nah, the likes of War Pigs, Paranoid, Heaven and He'll, Iron Man, Wicked World, NIB, Snowblind, Into The Void, Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath are as good as any Beatles lyrics.

Butler was/is one the best lyricists of all time.
Had the first 2 albums, but really I think you’re having a laugh.

Nah, the likes of War Pigs, Paranoid, Heaven and He'll, Iron Man, Wicked World, NIB, Snowblind, Into The Void, Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath are as good as any Beatles lyrics.

I remember buying Paranoid on single back when it charted again in 1980ish. The B side was Snowblind. To a naive 13 year old I had no idea what the lyrics were about. Loved the song though!

If there's no Andy Fraser then rhe list is null and void. I couldnt open the link but Charles Mingus should be there. I can't get my head round there being no Andy Fraser. Flea FFS... laughable.

If there's no Andy Fraser then rhe list is null and void. I couldnt open the link but Charles Mingus should be there. I can't get my head round there being no Andy Fraser. Flea FFS... laughable.
Fantastic bassist.
How would you know?

Like saying all the best Beatles stuff is on Revolver/Sgt Peppers, no need to listen to out else.
All the best Beatles stuff is on Revolver, Sgt Peppers and Rubber Soul.

Last edited:
Well you obviously don't know much about them if you've only had two albums. Prob best not to comment.
Not many people can talk about every Butler song like you ,yet the world can all sing Beatles lyrics . As you say difficult to compare but Macca wrote stuff people got and connected with in a very big way .Butler and the likes of Peart went a bit more left field

I quite like a bit of Sabbath but I just read the lyrics to War Pigs and they're like something a 14-year-old would write. Granted, most pop and rock lyrics aren't particularly profound, and nor should they need to be, but I can't see Geezer's lyrics being any better than most other pop and rock stuff.

I quite like a bit of Sabbath but I just read the lyrics to War Pigs and they're like something a 14-year-old would write. Granted, most pop and rock lyrics aren't particularly profound, and nor should they need to be, but I can't see Geezer's lyrics being any better than most other pop and rock stuff.
Lyrics that were write 50 years ago and are still relevant today. Think they are brilliant lyrics personally.

McCartney is a great writer as well but he also wrote some absolute shite as well.

Sklar 47th??? Give over...

Good to see Robbie Shakespeare in there...

Pastorious 8th Clarke 13th?? a joke....

No Mark King, Andy Fraser or Mono Neon...or my dad..! wankers..

All the best Beatles stuff is on Revolver, Sgt Peppers and Rubber Soul.

All the best Beatles stuff is on Please Please Me, With The Beatles, A Hard Day’s Night, Beatles For Sale, Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles (White Album), Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road and Let It Be

All the best Beatles stuff is on Please Please Me, With The Beatles, A Hard Day’s Night, Beatles For Sale, Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Beatles (White Album), Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road and Let It Be
You need to stick Past Masters 1 and 2 and Magical Mystery Tour e.p. onto that list. Bass on Rain worth it one

Back