Roker Rapport Podcast: With Phil Bardsley - submit your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and I do.
I say when he's poor. You can't give praise because you're totally and utterly consumed with hate.

I think I am probably the best judge of that. Hatred is such a strong emotion. And to be utterly and totally consumed by it is quite an accusation. You seem to be playing the ball not the man here Rocky. Rather than argue the substance, you seem more often than not to attack using personal comments to try and discredit the person and therefore indirectly his/her views. Rather than discussing his/her views per se. Why don't we try from now on to discuss the substance of the debate ie why we each think Cattermole's performances are good/bad/indifferent/excellent/poor etc rather than using character based accusations as a debating tool in the discourse?
You will find we get so much more out of our exchanges. Personal stuff may be cathartic in the short term but it doesn't really progress and enable healthy debate!

I listened to it and enjoyed it

Bardsley spoke very well about us , the club but not so well about the crazy Italian - no surprise there then

I think I am probably the best judge of that. Hatred is such a strong emotion. And to be utterly and totally consumed by it is quite an accusation. You seem to be playing the ball not the man here Rocky. Rather than argue the substance, you seem more often than not to attack using personal comments to try and discredit the person and therefore indirectly his/her views. Rather than discussing his/her views per se. Why don't we try from now on to discuss the substance of the debate ie why we each think Cattermole's performances are good/bad/indifferent/excellent/poor etc rather than using character based accusations as a debating tool in the discourse?
You will find we get so much more out of our exchanges. Personal stuff may be cathartic in the short term but it doesn't really progress and enable healthy debate!
I'm not debating anything with you. Its pointless. I'll stand by what I said about you being consumed by hate. Leave the physco babble for someone else, its of no interest to me.

I'm not debating anything with you. Its pointless. I'll stand by what I said about you being consumed by hate. Leave the physco babble for someone else, its of no interest to me.[/QUOTE

Isn't that the problem though - your refusal to debate and resorting to the personal stuff. Might it be that you see my position as polarised because of the polarised position you take? It certainly fits the narrative you try to create.

I can only go on what you write on the Forum, and on the spectrum of reasonableness and objectivity when discussing Cattermole I feel you are well towards one end. I may be wrong, and certainly you seem to want to paint yourself as objective in the debate, but alas I find it is quite disingenuous to claim the high ground on objectivity when your posting record on Cattermole suggests otherwise.

Indeed, as an attempt to temper and/or arguably put into some sort of humourous context your previously held views on Cattermole (before: Catts is the key to the team; now: I call him out when he isn't very good), and portray yourself as objective, one could argue you used such humour as a way of procuring acceptance from the board for your subsequent posts by changing your avatar - 'Rocky loves Catts and Quinny' was it?
To a large extent I think this worked. I certainly found it amusing (the avatar rather than the attempt to ingratiate - it made me smile!) - self deprecation is a tried and tested way of being accepted into a group - it happens all the time on the board. But there was/is certainly something going on at the back of your mind in respect of your desire to be accepted on the board as reasonable. This is perfectly normal. But the problem is when you attack other people for their opinions with polarising language it betrays the fact that although the humour has gone so far to help conciliation, deep down you still think that anyone who disagrees with you is stupid/not worth debating.

You are nowhere near as bad as the neanderthals on this board who within one post resort to swearing/calling people a mag - they lose the argument before it even starts -and I would strongly argue you are one of the more reasoned posters on the board. But you do have a blind spot when it comes to Cattermole. Not in your views per se, but in where they sit on the polarity spectrum.

You might not like psychobabble as you put it, but I find those that open their minds to understanding why they behaves in a certain way learns more about themselves than any amount of 'lecturing' by a third party.

Anyway, Cattermole is crap.;)

You seem to absolutely hate Sunderland

@Ernie man less of the waffle man. You're absolutely blinded by hate towards him. In terms of being objective I'm a million miles from you, thankfully. We'll get absolutely nothing from our exchanges as I'm willing to criticise when it's due, you're totally incapable of any praise. Now please less of this Bollocks about personal stuff and some amateur psycho-babble.

My avatar was Catts and Quinny love Rocky
@Fetch Fletch made it for me. It was a joke.

Last edited:
@Ernie man less of the waffle man. You're absolutely blinded by hate towards him. In terms of being objective I'm a million miles from you, thankfully. We'll get absolutely nothing from our exchanges as I'm willing to criticise when it's due, you're totally incapable of any praise. Now please less of this Bollocks about personal stuff and some amateur psycho-babble.

My avatar was Catts and Quinny love Rocky
@Fetch Fletch made it for me. It was a joke.

Oh dear...have you learned nothing!!!! You claim to be capable now, but that wasn't always the case was it!? Be honest now.

Yes, I liked your avatar. It was very funny and made me smile.

Oh dear...have you learned nothing!!!! You claim to be capable now, but that wasn't always the case was it!? Be honest now.

Yes, I liked your avatar. It was very funny and made me smile.
It's always been the case. It's not my fault some people are silly and cant/couldn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back