Roger Daltrey (just turned 80)

It’s all about opinions. My opinion is that he is or was one of the best vocalists in a band….ever.
My first album was Who’s Next his voice on that is fantastic. I still play that album. Some of the songs on Quadrophenia are very difficult to sing….. he does it with aplomb. I could go on but won’t.
Another poster refers to him and Townshend and Moon as bellends. I’d say they were characters and great musicians and they gave us one of the best bands ever.
Long Live Rock.

I’m not sure about that tbh. Quadrophenia was obviously about mods, and the who adopted the logo etc, but musically and visually I always had them as a rock band.
They were a mod band before they turned into a full on rock band.
It’s all about opinions. My opinion is that he is or was one of the best vocalists in a band….ever.
My first album was Who’s Next his voice on that is fantastic. I still play that album. Some of the songs on Quadrophenia are very difficult to sing….. he does it with aplomb. I could go on but won’t.
Another poster refers to him and Townshend and Moon as bellends. I’d say they were characters and great musicians and they gave us one of the best bands ever.
Long Live Rock.
He’s a very underrated singer and a great front man.

Last edited:
What a weird thing to come out with, so did most people
They didn't. Of those who voted, a small percentage majority were in favour, but around 28% didn't vote at all. Pedantic? Yes. Factually correct? Yes.

Like many people who voted to leave the EU, Daltrey has subsequently complained quite loudly about the consequences for musicians which some had predicted. Among musicians he is in a small minority as an estimated 90% of musicians who voted, voted to stay in Europe.

His support for Brexit will get mentioned because he has drawn attention to it, before and after the vote. His post Brexit reaction to the reality has been mocked because it is exactly what he voted for as the EU vote was on a mindlessly simple IN or OUT. There are more exacting rules for trade union ballots.

So not a weird thing to come out with

Doesn't stop me liking The Who or Daltrey's singing, I just don't agree with him on that subject and many others. It is possible to like people you don't agree with.

Just saw he reckons The Stones are an average pub band
Don't think there's a band out there who do incredible and dull drivel as well together.

They didn't. Of those who voted, a small percentage majority were in favour, but around 28% didn't vote at all. Pedantic? Yes. Factually correct? Yes.

Like many people who voted to leave the EU, Daltrey has subsequently complained quite loudly about the consequences for musicians which some had predicted. Among musicians he is in a small minority as an estimated 90% of musicians who voted, voted to stay in Europe.

His support for Brexit will get mentioned because he has drawn attention to it, before and after the vote. His post Brexit reaction to the reality has been mocked because it is exactly what he voted for as the EU vote was on a mindlessly simple IN or OUT. There are more exacting rules for trade union ballots.

Doesn't stop me liking The Who or Daltrey's singing, I just don't agree with him on that subject and many others. It is possible to like people you don't agree with.
Politics forum this shyte.

Never considered The Who as a proper mod band. Like others have said, I get the impression they jumped on that scene for commercial reasons. The Who at their best was late 60s early 70s when they looked like scruffs. Entwistle clearly the coolest, but 4 very interesting characters. Great band and I would’ve loved to spend time in Keith Moon’s presence.

Wrote and performed the 'classic' Highbury Highs. It was for the last game at the stadium, so thankfully this abomination of a song never caught on.

Saw them on SKY Arts last night. It was their December 1977 concert at Kilburn State. The film had been restored so it was good quality but the sound engineering was poor and they sounded very one dimentional. It didn't do them justice. I got the impression that at the time the film recording had been done on the cheap and it had been long forgotten about before being rediscovered and restored.

I saw them live a few times and they weren’t always perfect but that’s what live music is about. They put on a great gig and you couldn’t t take your eyes off the stage. Four talented musicians.
When Moon died I decided not to see them again and remember them as they were.
A truly great band.
Was never a big fan but saw them twice on the who put the boot in tour,Charlton and Swansea, changed my opinion a very good live band.
Who are you? love that track Moonie at his best.

Weird as owt.
Most people that voted, voted to leave. Others didn't mind. A minority voted to remain.

No one brings it up when someone that voted to remain is mentioned. It's barmy behaviour.

Most of those that were anti-establishment, or had any pride in their country voted to leave. Whether it be The Who, the Pistols, or icons like Michael Caine etc. Those that see Britain as a shop to be sold off, the likes of Cameron, Osborne etc, voted to leave. Difference is, nobody brings it up, as it's mental

Weird as owt.
Most people that voted, voted to leave. Others didn't mind. A minority voted to remain.

No one brings it up when someone that voted to remain is mentioned. It's barmy behaviour.

Most of those that were anti-establishment, or had any pride in their country voted to leave. Whether it be The Who, the Pistols, or icons like Michael Caine etc. Those that see Britain as a shop to be sold off, the likes of Cameron, Osborne etc, voted to leave. Difference is, nobody brings it up, as it's mental
The likes of Forage and Johnson don't give a shit who they prostitute this country to as long as their grifting gets them cash. The lies told to get that leave vote over the line regarding the NHS tells you the loathing they have for the county they profess to love. Osborne and Cameron don't care because they are in their rich people's bubble and walked away from it all to pick up cash from lobbying.

Back