Roger Daltrey (just turned 80)

He wasn’t like. He’s frequently said that the band jumped on the mod bandwagon at the advice of their management. He thought it was ‘hilarious’ cos he said he was much more of a rocker.

I know when he first started Daltrey was following the likes of Screaming Lord Sutch so would have been playing Rock n Roll, but eventually moved to the Mod scene and a more bluesy sound

Love The Who, but every member bar the Ox is/was a f***ing bellend.
Agrees

Daltry is just a disappointment .

Supposed working class lad who got rich and became the boomer's boomer.

Typical of that generation. Quick pull the ladder up in case anyone follows us so we can keep it all for ourselves

And his wife's a foot taller than him

Possibly was guided by Kit Lambert to go down that route, but the sound The Who had and particularly the way Townshend was writing tied in with the early Mod scene more, no doubt they did have Rock n Roll influences as evidenced by they cover of Eddie Cochran's Summertime Blues

I'd say most bands of that era were either influenced by rock n roll or blues before settling for a more commercial sound with an eye on the pop charts

I saw them on their last UK tour and he could still hold a tune! ✌️

He made a complete arse about himself over Brexit though, but he does fit that profile.

Back