Rochdale or Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who do we want to stay up tomorrow?

Rochdale for me......I've been to Oldham several times with Sheff United and Blackburn, but never been to Rochdale

It's just about the same journey with the towns either end of the A627(M)

Haven't been to either so not bothered

Rochdale have more famous singers if that helps - Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield. Can't think of any from Oldham.
They also had Cyril Smith , Cyril and Gracie ffs you have to feel sorry for them, haway the Dale! Oldham is home to Eric Sykes, Pip Schofield and Christopher Biggins, they are soaked in talent !

They also had Cyril Smith , Cyril and Gracie ffs you have to feel sorry for them, haway the Dale! Oldham is home to Eric Sykes, Pip Schofield and Christopher Biggins, they are soaked in talent !
And Cannon & Ball apparently! They should leave comedy to the Scousers...........

And the nearest station to Boundary Park is called Oldham Mumps - well it was back in the day. Always made me chuckle.

Been to Oldham a couple of times so it's Rochdale for me and a new ground to tick off.

Rochdale have more famous singers if that helps - Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield. Can't think of any from Oldham.

There was a indie band called Puressence (late 90s) from Oldham who released a cracking debut album and then went downhill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chester branch used to stop at Rochdale on the way down to Manchester games like. Can’t remember the name of the place but it was class, so for me, there.

Rochdale for me as I've not been to their ground so will tick another one off.
Have to laugh at some of the comments about places being a tip and a dump, this coming from football fans that aren't normally associated with their cultured opinions, usually their level of concern is as to whether somewhere has a Wetherspoons and how good the pies are in the ground.

And the nearest station to Boundary Park is called Oldham Mumps - well it was back in the day. Always made me chuckle.

Been to Oldham a couple of times so it's Rochdale for me and a new ground to tick off.

There was a indie band called Puressence (late 90s) from Oldham who released a cracking debut album and then went downhill.

I'm pleased I'm in the North East not North East of Manchester

Oldham Mumps and Spotland.......there's clearly something contagious round there

Rochdale for me as I've not been to their ground so will tick another one off.
Have to laugh at some of the comments about places being a tip and a dump, this coming from football fans that aren't normally associated with their cultured opinions, usually their level of concern is as to whether somewhere has a Wetherspoons and how good the pies are in the ground.
Ahhhh the important things in life....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back