Robinson suspended

Suspended from all international cricket pending investigation by the ECB in to sexist and racist tweets he sent in 2012 and 2013.

He made the tweets 8 years ago for fucks sake.

People say stupid shit when they're kids. I'm one of the most woke people about these days, but when I was in my teens I was sharing similar jokes. You learn as you grow up.

It's only come to light now, and he's clearly a different person. The way he fronted up after the First Day shows that.

It happened before he played for again, a long time before in fact.

The lads had an excellent debut and one of the few to come out with any credit, and now the ECB are throwing him down the shitter for being a prat before he knew the impact of his words.

Absolutely f***ing stupid.

People say stupid shit when they're kids. I'm one of the most woke people about these days, but when I was in my teens I was sharing similar jokes. You learn as you grow up.

It's only come to light now, and he's clearly a different person. The way he fronted up after the First Day shows that.

It happened before he played for England, a long time before in fact.

The lads had an excellent debut and one of the few to come out with any credit, and now the ECB are throwing him down the shitter for being a prat before he knew the impact of his words.

It happened before he played for again, a long time before in fact.

Agree. I think more focus needs to go on the absolute whopper who saw a lad doing well and immediately started scrolling through 9 years of tweets. f***ing pathetic

Or kept it in their memory bank ready to bring up as and when
Given the tone of the tweets I'd be stunned if he hasn't made enemies or treated someone poorly.

I get that he was young when he made tweets but it's not like he was 13/14 or we're talking about 30 years ago and there's been generational shifts in what is and isn't acceptable. But the ECB can't ignore it either.

His apology seemed genuine. Not sure what the point of an "investigation" is at this stage, unless they've already decided the conclusion of it.
You could 100% see his apology was genuine and he's a different person.

Every single bloke on this board has made some sort of crass/offensive/dumb joke in their youth, but the difference is their generation didn't have social media, so it can't be held against them.

Utterly pathetic.

ECB left with very little option. Cant just pretend it never happened cos of time elapsed. Where would you draw the line? Utterly bizarre this wasnt vetted before he got the call up especially as its common knowledge he's been a prick in his time
The tweets were clearly terrible, but i do find it odd that we have a Prime Minister who has previous like the "muslim letterboxes" comments and he's allowed to crack on doing his job regardless.

Back