RNLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the majority threatening to cancel don’t even have a direct debit set up to donate if the 1st place, they just like to spout pure nastiness.
I support the RNLI whenever I see a collection as I really do appreciate the hours put in and dangers they face, I highly doubt I could do it
Absolutely. And the type who complain about overseas charity and that 'charity begins at home' will not even donate to any home charity either.

So I know a lot of you top people on here donate to our cause and may have see the media in the Times and Mail today. 🤷‍♂️

Apologies for those that Haven’t said outlets, google is your friend, not my cup of tea spreading fake news....#slownewsday #annualkickrnliday

Here is the Rnli response

And here is what we done in Sunderland yesterday.....

Stay strong boys and girls 💪🏻
All the RNLI people do a fantastic job ...the boats ,the crews, the lifeguards are top notch.I will continue to donate to a worthy cause.
Well seeing as my family were all trawlermen I'll be my arse the RNLI have helped them out the shit more times than I can imagine. Infinitely more than some shit stirring "journalist", so I'll keep donating.
Great post marra.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems a lot of people who donate to this charity have stopped because funds are being redirected to places like Tanzania and Bangladesh whilst they make redundancies in the UK

I can't read the full article but does the author mention the RNLI's role in the RoI?

Last edited:
Amazed that its not publicly funded tbh.
We are funded by the public, if you mean why are we not funded by central govt? Then my answer would be that there probably wouldn’t be half the crew and boats available due to the the reliance of cutting everything some some riffs can make a few more coin.

40 kids die per day in Bangladesh due to drowning apparently.

😂 that smash up 👍

Last edited:
We are funded by the public, if you mean why are we not funded by central govt? Then my answer would be that there probably wouldn’t be half the crew and boats available due to the the reliance of cutting everything some some riffs can make a few more coin.

😂 that smash up 👍
Aye mate I was meaning by government not charitable donations. Should be classed as an emergency service like the ambulances.

Last edited:
I've just read it's 2% that go towards the global south. 98% of the funding remains saving people from british waters.

Seems a lot of people who donate to this charity have stopped because funds are being redirected to places like Tanzania and Bangladesh whilst they make redundancies in the UK
Pleased you've brought that to my attention.....I and other members of my family, going back to the late 50's, have been collectors and donated to the RNLI every year since then due to a lady named Marjory Bartram, one of the shipbuilding Bartram family who lived beside us when I was young... My first trip out on a life boat when there was an open day was on the Sunderland Boat, William Myers & Sarah Jane Myers. This Launched from the old LB station besides Greenwells dry dock. The RNLI was for the saving of lives for seafarers that needed help around the coasts of GB and NI. Alas, after reading that funding was being diverted abroad I will now stop collecting . It seems that ALL charity organisation nowadays seem to feel the need to spend funding overseas, for whatever purpose or reasoning usually after the senior people making these decisions and overseeing the organisation have been paid lucrative salaries, seem to think people who do donate and collect along with the Boat crews are not the main interest anymore.. I have now had chance to look at what has been going on on various websites and will stop my donations an my little bit of association with the RNLI .. I thought the overseas aide budget covered event like as mentioned in the articles I've now read.

Pleased you've brought that to my attention.....I and other members of my family, going back to the late 50's, have been collectors and donated to the RNLI every year since then due to a lady named Marjory Bartram, one of the shipbuilding Bartram family who lived beside us when I was young... My first trip out on a life boat when there was an open day was on the Sunderland Boat, William Myers & Sarah Jane Myers. This Launched from the old LB station besides Greenwells dry dock. The RNLI was for the saving of lives for seafarers that needed help around the coasts of GB and NI. Alas, after reading that funding was being diverted abroad I will now stop collecting . It seems that ALL charity organisation nowadays seem to feel the need to spend funding overseas, for whatever purpose or reasoning usually after the senior people making these decisions and overseeing the organisation have been paid lucrative salaries, seem to think people who do donate and collect along with the Boat crews are not the main interest anymore.. I have now had chance to look at what has been going on on various websites and will stop my donations an my little bit of association with the RNLI .. I thought the overseas aide budget covered event like as mentioned in the articles I've now read.
You’ll stop collecting for them because they spend a small amount of their donations saving the lives of kids in Ireland and the Commonwealth?

Down with foreign children!

It's your choice but sad you feel that way. Have you any links to the articles that have decided you on this course of action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back