RIP Tommy Porter

RIP I was literally just telling my lad about the other day regarding Premier passions. As others have said he had that RP pitch look toppa and all different patterns etc

To my dying day I'll never forget the thrill of how fantastic the pitch looked under lights for night games as you got to the top of the steps at the back of the Fulwell. The best pitch in the country cared for by a man who loved his job and loved the club. I'd give anything to be back there now, RIP Tommy.

Very sad news. RIP. "No more patterns on the pitch". The pitch was generally in a much better state than the team.

Surprisingly large part of my Sunderland supporting history because of Premier Passions. Seemed a thoroughly decent bloke and clearly brilliant at his job. RIP.

RIP Tommy, roker Park was like a bowling green under his watch, never seen a pitch come close to it first game if the season was always blown away how good it looked.

Gutted, he was awesome on Premier Passions, and clearly had deep love the club, the fans and that pristine pitch. RIP Tommy lad.

Back