RIP Tommy Porter

RIP true club diehard.
Bet we didn't give him a testimonial.
Was like a bowling green back in the day.
I mind the lad before him as well.

Really sad news.

When I was a kid my dad was out of work a lot, and he would regularly go to the Charlie Hurley Centre on weekdays to watch the lads train. In those days, it was much more open and accessible for supporters etc.

I had plenty of opportunities to go with him and I remember how kind Tommy was, when he was there. He always wanted to talk football, and would bring out hot drinks etc for the supporters watching the training sessions. My abiding memory of him is of a genuinely lovely fella. RIP Tommy.
That's lovely

RIP Tommy.

From going as a kid I always used to marvel at just how good the pitch was at RP.
Agree with that, when I first saw the pitch under lights after a bit of rain I saw a thing of beauty that has never left my memory. Hats off to Tommy.

remember looking at the roker pitch was like a carpet for the royals! The quality of the pitch was mostly perfection. Most of been terrible for him to see our current pitch.

Met him on a stadium tour shortly after the SOL opened. Loads of crack with him and he was a gent with my wife and son who was a nipper at that stage.
RIP Tommy.

Back