RIP Poledancer - Podgy

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a story that makes me smile. watching england play in bangladesh and there was a pillow case with an advert for murray marshall, on pallion road, draped over the boundary edge, with telephone number the lot on

only podge could come up with classics like that

I'd never met him alas, but I think the memories of the bloke already recounted are the measure of the man. R.I.P and condolences to his family and friends.

Just out of interest, when he was in Hoffenheim was he with some lads who were taking the piss out of another lad in their party about shitting his pants on the drink the night before? Couple of pictures have jogged a memory, but it could be a different feller like.

The Lambton Worm said:
I spoke to NorthCountryBoy on Sunday and he mentioned that something was being done by Ha'way The Flags. Not sure on the full details although no doubt they'll be posted at some point.

Sorry my head was all over the shop when we spoke on Sunday, I think we may have our wires crossed here as I have no idea what HTF are doing (had never even met Nick from HTF til later that day), I was referring to the cricket lads on our call or at least I meant to.

I know that the 'George Yvonne' cross will be there for the first test next week though as The Jacksons one has gone missing. Huey Lad will probably know more as I believe he's heading out there.

George's brother Paul has asked if we can pass on the following message

"GEORGES FAMILY WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL WHO HAVE POSTED ON HERE. YOUR KIND WORDS, PICTURES AND STORIES HAVE BEEN A GREAT SOURCE OF STRENGTH TO US. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU."

Also for anybody wanting to know the funeral arrangements.

George's funeral will be held at St Bennets at 10am on Tuesday Morning, he will then be buried at Mere Knowles Cemetary Seaburn.

The wake will be in the Clipper in Roker. (think its renamed the avenue now)

Sorry my head was all over the shop when we spoke on Sunday, I think we may have our wires crossed here as I have no idea what HTF are doing (had never even met Nick from HTF til later that day), I was referring to the cricket lads on our call or at least I meant to.

I know that the 'George Yvonne' cross will be there for the first test next week though as The Jacksons one has gone missing. Huey Lad will probably know more as I believe he's heading out there.

Ah right, sorry. Thought you mentioned Martyn was looking into it. Like you say, wires crossed and arl that. It wasn't exactly a day for clear messages.

His Jacksons/Howard Arms/SAFC/Durham CCC flag did indeed go missing in the midst of the Ashes celebrations in Sydney.

His mate Kev is taking the George/Yvonne flag out for the first test in Dubai which starts on Tuesday 4 hours before the funeral.

We're looking into getting a new flag made up identical to his lost one to take on future tours in time for the Sri Lanka trip at the end up March. I guess it would be nice to get two made up, one for us to take away and one for you lot to put up in the SOL or in the boozer? I'm sure we can arrange that in the coming weeks.

:-( Remember george more from the old days in the various roker drinking dens and occasional house party always laughing ..good to read the stories

I'd never met him alas, but I think the memories of the bloke already recounted are the measure of the man. R.I.P and condolences to his family and friends.

Just out of interest, when he was in Hoffenheim was he with some lads who were taking the piss out of another lad in their party about shitting his pants on the drink the night before? Couple of pictures have jogged a memory, but it could be a different feller like.

"Shitty pants"

That was him, he organised the bus.

RIP

"Shitty pants"

That was him, he organised the bus.

RIP

ISTR we got cracking on to a few of your party outside that Irish bar in the centre of Heidelberg. Remember one of you saying it was a wind-up like. Funny how your memory works.

Seem to recall that this feller, who was obviously George, was also trying to (and maybe even succeeding in) getting some German youngen to pass pints through the fence at the match, given that our end was non-alcoholic beer only.

Met him the once when we had a great time in Germany, at Hoffenheim. Top man all round.

R.I.P. mate and condolences to all concerned.

I was the one accused of being shitty pants, but alas, it was untrue.

In the end you got fed up n just went along with it, ha ha we were on same coach

Seem to recall it was outside of O'Reilly's bar in Heidelberg. Great day out.

In the end you got fed up n just went along with it, ha ha we were on same coach

Aye, what can you do? At one stage they where even chanting it in the ground!! Stand up if you've shit your pants! So I did, and gave them a wave.

Last edited:
His Jacksons/Howard Arms/SAFC/Durham CCC flag did indeed go missing in the midst of the Ashes celebrations in Sydney.

His mate Kev is taking the George/Yvonne flag out for the first test in Dubai which starts on Tuesday 4 hours before the funeral.

We're looking into getting a new flag made up identical to his lost one to take on future tours in time for the Sri Lanka trip at the end up March. I guess it would be nice to get two made up, one for us to take away and one for you lot to put up in the SOL or in the boozer? I'm sure we can arrange that in the coming weeks.

Sounds good.

George was in touch over Christmas and was very keen to amend the old 'Keep The Faith' surfer which he made (by taking the ALS logo etc off). His idea was to get this hung up in the SOL somewhere like the SWC, or for it to be reused as a surfer. Also he thought it could be good for aways etc.

Spoke to Martyn and we feel it could be appropriate to fulfil his idea and make this happen for him next home game?

RIP poledancer you will be missed!

great hearing various stories and memories from various sources! never had the pleasure of meeting you but have crossed swords a few times on here, thoughts are with the family.

Sounds good.

George was in touch over Christmas and was very keen to amend the old 'Keep The Faith' surfer which he made (by taking the ALS logo etc off). His idea was to get this hung up in the SOL somewhere like the SWC, or for it to be reused as a surfer. Also he thought it could be good for aways etc.

Spoke to Martyn and we feel it could be appropriate to fulfil his idea and make this happen for him next home game?

Then the next game should be the 1 where everybody who had a flag made by podgy should take theirs,there be lots, will we need to make sure it's ok with the club??

Then the next game should be the 1 where everybody who had a flag made by podgy should take theirs,there be lots, will we need to make sure it's ok with the club??

I'm sure it will be fine with the club, but I will double check. If there is anything I can help with drop me a PM or post on here and I will see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back