Ring Doorbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have one, No issues since i bought it about a year ago, Battery lasts about a month and i bought a spare so just swap them out when needed. 3 other people have bought them on my recomendation and all have nothing but good things to say.

Poor kids nowadays have no chance of playing Knicky Knocky Nine doors without the fear of being streamed live in the local FB residents page.

I have one and got the little shits pressing it. They ran and hid behind a tree literally 10ft from my door. So I walked over to him behind the tree and asked what he wanted :lol: When he didn't answer I just asked him if he was a bit stupid and asked him not to do it again.

Hoping that Leo Di Caprio plays me in the movie of that.

I've fancied a Nest one for a while but they are wired only, not sure how to get a wire to the appropriate place on a uPVC porch. Brick height is too low and would expose cable running up the frame. Any thoughts?

Compared to the city it was in, one of the roughest places. Compared to anywhere else? No different to Bish, Crook, Shild...

Yeah pretty rough :lol:

Someone once stole all the metal strips (draft excluders) from the bottom of the front doors from every house in the street I was living in at the time.. was just off shields road mind

They’d been fixed to the outside of the door?

They were able to be pulled off from outside at least aye not sure if draft excluder us correct term but metal but at bottom of door frame. Same flat someone nicked my gate and broke my drainpipe (I assume) trying to shin up it

I heard there was a problem with the initial ringing of the bell and the amount of time it took to reach the app on the phone? Basically someone rings your bell then it goes through cyberspace and by the time it has finished in cyberspace and reached the app, whoever it was has fucked off?

This is the main issue. They can be VERY slow at times. Get the notification, Tap to answer and wait...wait..wait...

Good idea but I’ve had the original version and the second gen and both have this issue.

Nest hello looks better, might try that.

Apparently if they get nicked they will replace the doorbell free of charge

No doubt T&Cs apply

Once only I think!

I've fancied a Nest one for a while but they are wired only, not sure how to get a wire to the appropriate place on a uPVC porch. Brick height is too low and would expose cable running up the frame. Any thoughts?
No existing doorbell? You can use the pair off that, it's what I'll dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back