Rightmove Voyeurism

What's the crack with this?

It's common

A crook down here in Liverpool did it with some buildings he turned into hotels, I think nearly all of the schemes went bust including a George Best hotel in Belfast, he'll be inside soon enough.

So someone buys a hotel room…then what?

I rent it out? I live in it?

I’d guess that you then receive a share of the sales associated with the room. Less costs and whatever percentage the hotel owner ‘owns’. It’s a mechanism for selling shares without floating.

I could be wrong as I’ve only scanned over the info on Rightmove.

Bit ower black n white for me.
I acquired a lot and I mean a lot of white emulsion just prior to decorating a place I’d just bought. Decided to paint one room all white. Before the furniture went in I kept bumping into the walls. Walk towards one and as you’ve nowt to focus on you can’t tell how far away from it you are. Weird it was.

Has anyone ever had problems with paying over the listed/guide price and then running into issues with the surveyors valuation?

We are FTB's. We had an offer accepted on a house valued at £205k, our offer was £215k. It is perfect for us location wise for both work/family reasons, and we'd be gutted to miss out. We have a surveyor booked for next week and are now worrying about them coming back and giving a value of £205k or lower, meaning we'd probably have to renegotiate our offer.

The advert had 'invited offers' between £205,000 - £230,000, and to me if the estate agent is willing to stick this on the advert they must have an inkling that it'll value alright, unless they're just trying their luck and have already had a conversation with the owners to say it may undervalue.

Just curious if others in this market have paid over the guide price to secure a house and had any issues or if they typically value alright. End of the day if it is the case that it comes under, we're happy to offer £3-5k on top of the surveyors valuation to secure it, which I think would be a more than fair offer considering they could just run into this problem again with another buyer.

Yes happened to me. Got valued 20k less than what we offered. Made the decision to offer them 5k over valuation.

Back