Rightmove Voyeurism

I’d just get planning permission for change of use with some basic architectural drawings done then sell them to fund the refurb on the main house.
There are 5 outbuildings you can try and planning on, alternatively as pure development perspective. Convert house into 3 flats (previous use) and the 5 outbuildings to houses. Sell it at that point with planning.

There are 5 outbuildings you can try and planning on, alternatively as pure development perspective. Convert house into 3 flats (previous use) and the 5 outbuildings to houses. Sell it at that point with planning.
3 flats might explain the odd layout. A quite nice and large bathroom on the ground floor, but no bedrooms, and 4 or 5 bedrooms on the top floor with no bathroom.

I think I’d be making the store into a bedroom/study, the smaller bedroom into a bathroom not quite sure about the first floor though, odd layout. This is with a family home in mind.

3 flats might explain the odd layout. A quite nice and large bathroom on the ground floor, but no bedrooms, and 4 or 5 bedrooms on the top floor with no bathroom.

I think I’d be making the store into a bedroom/study, the smaller bedroom into a bathroom not quite sure about the first floor though, odd layout. This is with a family home in mind.
Does seem odd. Someone in the first floor shower room? Down the stairs you go, display yourself to the lounge as you go past into the landing, through the utility room and into the bathroom. Certainly the small bedroom on the second floor should be a bathroom. Odd these days to see a large number of bedroom property not have a master bedroom with an en suite.
So grey the pool table turned grey.

Last edited:
That is just awful. I understand having a theme throughout the house, but every room, every bit of furniture is just dull and unnatural looking. The whole place looks cold, dull and uninteresting.

Even the patio. Lets put it in a pit and surround it with stone so you can’t really see very far and there is very little alive out there. Throw a few pots in for colour but make them all little trees. I’m not convinced they are not plastic anyway. The rest of the garden (and I’d expect more for that price), more of the same little unnatural looking trees and grass. That is it. No colour, no variation, no wildlife.

The house needs some work, but this is much nicer and the grounds are amazing:

Been posted before:

All places that feel they have some life in them

another amazing home, looks enormous. no floor plan though

Make the tennis court a 5 a side pitch and I'm in.
That is just awful. I understand having a theme throughout the house, but every room, every bit of furniture is just dull and unnatural looking. The whole place looks cold, dull and uninteresting.
That's just interior design though. Decorate and put your own furniture in and it could be a cracking home although I can't quite work out how close it is to the neighbours.

Last edited:

Even the patio. Lets put it in a pit and surround it with stone so you can’t really see very far and there is very little alive out there. Throw a few pots in for colour but make them all little trees. I’m not convinced they are not plastic anyway. The rest of the garden (and I’d expect more for that price), more of the same little unnatural looking trees and grass. That is it. No colour, no variation, no wildlife.

The house needs some work, but this is much nicer and the grounds are amazing:

Been posted before:

All places that feel they have some life in them
That Crook Hall one is right up my street....

Make the tennis court a 5 a side pitch and I'm in.

That's just interior design though. Decorate and put your own furniture in and it could be a cracking home although I can't quite work out how close it is to the neighbours.
True, but that one I think I'd be stripping it back to basics and starting again. Even then it is not in a huge plot and you are right, it does seem close to the neighbours. Doing something with the sunken patio is more of a challenge. After all that, I don't think it is really that great as a house, especially when you look at the floor plans.

A lot of the day to day living space is on the lower ground with no natural light. The upper floors have large but odd shaped bedrooms with most of the space taken up by the landings. On the second floor you have one bedroom that is a really odd shape, sliced up by an odd shaped bathroom, but there is no en-suit in the other bedroom. Go down a floor and you have 3 bedrooms all with en-suit, down another floor, there is no toilet on the ground floor either. For such a big place, there is only one general use toilet not attached to a bedroom in the whole property. That person on the top floor who needs the loo in the middle of the night has 3 flights of stairs to go down. Anyone in the garden has to come in through the games room or bedroom, across the dark landing and hope there is not a queue. Garden parties there must be uncomfortable.

I know it is different lifestyles, but if I were designing my own house (or enough money to buy that sort of thing) one of the things I'd be after would be a boot / utility type room on the back (but you can walk around from the front). Come in from working in the garden and not care about leaving muddy footprints through the house or come back from walking with a wet muddy dog. Go in via that room, have a dog wash in the corner, have a toilet leading off there. Basically one messy space but with the facilities you need to hand.

On many of these properties I tend to look at and try to think how a family with a couple of friends visiting could live in that space. Many work but this one really jumped out at me as being dull, overpriced and just not workable as a home without major renovation.

Back