Rightmove Voyeurism

A lot of them on there are just ridiculous vanity projects and the people doing it are complete wankers but I actually liked this one.

There was another old rerun one this week who bought a Lloyds bank building in Cornwall for £50,000 and spent £350,000 doing it up and it was just superb. When you think there are 4 bed cardboard box new builds going for the same money.

one of my fave shows :lol:

agree though, some people with far too much money and time on their hands.
i remember one awful couple who wanted to 'renovate' their house and tried to do a sneaky by knocking down all but one internal wall so they didn't have to put in a development application for what was essentially a new build and not a renno.
one day they actually did knock this last wall down and all the neighbours immediately piled in and put a complaint to council meaning they then had to put in a planning application which took ages to sort out and also had to alter the plans... they were a right pair of twats

A lot of them on there are just ridiculous vanity projects and the people doing it are complete wankers but I actually liked this one.

There was another old rerun one this week who bought a Lloyds bank building in Cornwall for £50,000 and spent £350,000 doing it up and it was just superb. When you think there are 4 bed cardboard box new builds going for the same money.
That’s George Clarke’s new series man. Building was an absolute bargain like.

There was a very large timber house in Middleton in Teesdale which sold for £60k or £65k around 10 years ago. They knocked it down and put five modern builds on the plot and made an absolute killing.

This is special.

That is absolutely incredible! However one slight criticism is for £5m I would want more garden.

There was a very large timber house in Middleton in Teesdale which sold for £60k or £65k around 10 years ago. They knocked it down and put five modern builds on the plot and made an absolute killing.

This is special.

Needs a new kitchen.
Oh aye, so it was. Was a stunning house in the end. I loved the way they used the counters for the kitchen units and melted the safe door down into a bath.

The railings out the front were smart as a carrot as well. Really set it off a treat.
Building looked topper, dunno how she makes a living as an interior designer though. The decoration reminded me of the simpsons episode where homer invents Marge a makeup shotgun.

Last edited:
This was on Grand Designs and has just sold. It is an absolute steal at the price it went for, but had been on much higher. The blokes who did it spent just about as much doing it up nearly 10 years ago.

Looks great but I'm not sure how practical it would be living there day to day with every room on a different floor.

Anyone ever owned a lodge or similar place to this ?
This one looks real nice and outside space is great just unsure on the lifespan of these and wonder how much they depreciate

5 Maple Crescent, Kelso https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/110655443

Link doesn’t work, but found it on the Rightmove app.
It’s effectively a caravan with a more substantial roof isn’t it?
Visible joint between the two halves on the external photos. If you’re interested, I’d ask for the manufacturer’s owners manual and make enquiries about design life. As with all things, if you provide proper maintenance, it lasts longer.

Last edited:
this is a fantastic house

What a bargain for £800k.
This was on Grand Designs and has just sold. It is an absolute steal at the price it went for, but had been on much higher. The blokes who did it spent just about as much doing it up nearly 10 years ago.

That rooftop view. 😍

Last edited:
Link doesn’t work, but found it on the Rightmove app.
It’s effectively a caravan with a more substantial roof isn’t it?
Visible joint between the two halves on the external photos. If you’re interested, I’d ask for the manufacturer’s owners manual and make enquiries about design life. As with all things, if you provide proper maintenance, it lasts longer.
I’d say a caravan has a

Ha yeah one way of putting it
but it’s a very nice holiday bolt hole and affordable compared to normal build would imagine you be looking at around £500k for a similar real type house and land so close to Kelso
Outside space is very nice
obviously it’s a used and a few years old wonder what price these go brand new but suppose u paying for the outside space as well link should work now 😉

Last edited:

Back