Rightmove Voyeurism

Noticed this years ago, why do Australian houses seem to be crowded together it's not like their short of space.

land in the larger cities or popular areas is generally fairly expensive and block sizes are usually around 500sqm - 600sqm in size. most people want to live in either larger cities, towns or close to the beach but still within urban centres so demand is still very high, hence expensive land prices per sqm and smaller blocks of land.
If you look in more rural areas then block sizes tend to get larger.

houses themselves have gotten bigger recently though, most new houses are 4/5 bedrooms and just about fill the blocks of land they're built on. i'd rather have fewer rooms and more outside (living) space but i'm in the minority here.

Last edited:
Back gardens massive

Love this as well

Horses for courses, I get that they are cracking properties but neither of them appeal to me which is a good thing cos I couldn’t afford them anyway. Too big, couldn’t be arsed with the gardens and most importantly for me is a sea view.

Back gardens massive

Love this as well

Looking at those houses it strikes me that we are rubbish decorating large houses in this country. Even if you allow for them being staged for selling they are absolutely rubbish. The decoration is barely a step above your average ex council house.

If I had the money for something like that I would bring over an American interior designer, possibly someone like the Property Brothers or the House Doctor, give them a large budget and then let them get on with it. We are completely inadequate in the area of house decoration.

Back gardens massive

Love this as well

I like that one in West Jesmond. Superb location, not overly ostentatious. Clean simple interior. I like.

Back gardens massive

Love this as well

Once the furniture and curtains are gone from the Corbridge one, it will look class. Love it.

I always wonder in these huge multi million bespoke homes whether the furniture is part of the price?
Either/Or.....with a catch.

Its called “dressed”.
The “undressed” price already covers the price of the “dress” and the “dressing” and the “undressing”. The designers then have a heap of “free” stuff to put into storage for next time. IE to dress another place where the house price covers the stuff price again wether the buyer wants it or not. Rinse n repeat.

Back gardens massive

Love this as well

Even though there's some contrast lintels etc on that first one it still looks faceless.

Looking at those houses it strikes me that we are rubbish decorating large houses in this country. Even if you allow for them being staged for selling they are absolutely rubbish. The decoration is barely a step above your average ex council house.

If I had the money for something like that I would bring over an American interior designer, possibly someone like the Property Brothers or the House Doctor, give them a large budget and then let them get on with it. We are completely inadequate in the area of house decoration.
Agreed. It’s very clean and safe - and very beige. They may of course redecorated it for selling mind.

That driveway worries me.

It runs between 2 other houses so you cant put a house number at the end of your drive and every time you come and go you are driving past your neighbours living room wall.
Aye that house is completely hidden away. I didn't even realise for ages it was there. Assume at some point they owned that land and sold it off some time in the 60/70s for those houses to be built. Similar with other plots on Burdon Road.

Back