Rightmove Voyeurism

These are the new ones at Birtley. They feel like an office block rather than a home.

The kitchen has an island so my lass will probably love it. Think it's massively over priced like. Some people will pay owt for anything new and detached, even if you have little space.

I’m sure you could get a 4 bed semi on there for 290ish a couple of years ago... seems a massive premium for it being detached.

Not many pubs or shops around it either?

No you'd have to walk down into Birtley.

It’s only a couple of minutes walk down the bank in one direction to the shops and front street pubs, or 10 minutes walk in the other direction for the Bowes Incline or Mill House.

These are the new ones at Birtley. They feel like an office block rather than a home.

Looks massively overpriced, not much garden, looks like it backs on directly to a main road and some of the rooms not that big. That view from the back, something about the type of brick and square blockyness, reminds me of Oxclose Comp.

I don't understand that at all. It's ugly and some of the rooms are weird sizes. Not for me even if they knocked £100k off it.

I don't understand that at all. It's ugly and some of the rooms are weird sizes. Not for me even if they knocked £100k off it.
By comparison, not to far away and also a new home

Or older

I don’t understand why anyone would look at those. Not like Birtley is the top desirable location in the area.

Interesting what this thread does though. Why the fuck am I sitting 300 miles away with no intention of moving, searching for houses near Birtley in the £300-350k bracket?

Last edited:

Or older

I don’t understand why anyone would look at those. Not like Birtley is the top desirable location in the area.

Interesting what this thread does though. Why the fuck am I sitting 300 miles away with no intention of moving, searching for houses near Birtley in the £300-350k bracket?
Is that the one on the old boc factory?

Last time i was back i walked the hound through the estate. They do appear to be selling well.

They do indeed. The ones with the flat roofs look a bit odd but we had a look in the show home and it was lovely inside like, massive rooms so the one above must be a house for sale from one of the previous phases. It’s a nice area as well.

Is that the one on the old boc factory?

Aye, on the road from Washington/Vigo to Barley Mow. Avant development I think, they’ve knocked them up canny quick. There’s an estate getting built around the corner from that as well in Vigo just down from the old Board Inn (now Tavistock Italian restaurant).

Or older

I initially thought from 1st picture that’s some size house for the price then zoomed in and noticed it’s 2 houses.
Still not bad looking .

They do indeed. The ones with the flat roofs look a bit odd but we had a look in the show home and it was lovely inside like, massive rooms so the one above must be a house for sale from one of the previous phases. It’s a nice area as well.

Aye, on the road from Washington/Vigo to Barley Mow. Avant development I think, they’ve knocked them up canny quick. There’s an estate getting built around the corner from that as well in Vigo just down from the old Board Inn (now Tavistock Italian restaurant).

aye with the A1 for your back garden. Why anyone would choose to live in one of these houses is beyond me

Back