Right - outside - now

Is that the policy people were voting for in december 2019?

The video of them cheering when voting down nurses payrises was widely shared in the lead up to the latest election. People simply weren't bothered about it
I don't recall them cheering that and if it did happen and hasn't been misrepresented then it was a disgrace, which is why I don't believe it really happened that way. Please provide a link if you can Marra.

Just out of interest it would be interesting to see how many nhs workers voted tory, bet there will be a few
I don't recall them cheering that and if it did happen and hasn't been misrepresented then it was a disgrace, which is why I don't believe it really happened that way. Please provide a link if you can Marra.
I saw it the other day for the first time, piers Morgan was asking that care mp wife about it.

Last edited:
I’ll get pelters, but I think it’s nonsense

I’m a huge believer in the NHS. But I think it’s a disgrace the way it has been allowed to rot. Clapping changes nothing bar people thinking they’re making a difference.
3 months ago people voted for the party that’s spent the last decade dismantling it. This is their way of making themselves feel better for doing it.

Fuck you on about me go and vote for them. Just gave you a opinion, don’t need a lecture, get off your soapbox man.
Actually, I think I'll stay right on it, and continue to dismiss bullshit claims from idiots. Thanks all the same though.
Did you think it was shameful for Thatcher to enable council house tenants to buy their homes at enormously favourable prices? Bastards, those Tories!
I've said many many times that Right To Buy was a terrible idea that caused the stock of social housing to be decimated, and lead to a huge debt problem as those people borrowed against those houses until they were mortgaged to 80%, instead of the very low amounts they were originally bought at. Cycle of easy money for 10 years is very hard to break.
It was, and remains, an awful plan.

If you no longer need social housing, you should move on and let someone else have it. Not deprive it from them forever.
Is that the policy people were voting for in december 2019?

The video of them cheering when voting down nurses payrises was widely shared in the lead up to the latest election. People simply weren't bothered about it
Mind, its almost nothing to do with pay rises. That's not the problem at all. The funding is in fixing the issues that make nursing an unattractive job due to the harsh work considitions that led to ~50k vacancies, making the situation vastly worse.
Nurses pay, by and large, is within the margin of reasonable (when you take the total package into account). But coming home dripping in sweat, having not had a break all day and had nothing eat, and going into a room for a little cry - yeah, that's the problem.

Last edited:
Actually, I think I'll stay right on it, and continue to dismiss bullshit claims from idiots. Thanks all the same though.

I've said many many times that Right To Buy was a terrible idea that caused the stock of social housing to be decimated, and lead to a huge debt problem as those people borrowed against those houses until they were mortgaged to 80%, instead of the very low amounts they were originally bought at. Cycle of easy money for 10 years is very hard to break.

If you no longer need social housing, you should move on and let someone else have it. Not deprive it from them forever.

Alarming that in trying to defend tory policy he had to go back over 30 years to find an example to use

Mind, its almost nothing to do with pay rises. That's not the problem at all. The funding is in fixing the issues that make nursing an unattractive job due to the harsh work considitions that led to ~50k vacancies, making the situation vastly worse.
Nurses pay, by and large, is within the margin of reasonable (when you take the total package into account). But coming home dripping in sweat, having not had a break all day and had nothing eat, and going into a room for a little cry - yeah, that's the problem.
[/QUOTE
Go on your rant but don’t tag my quote in. My opinion. I think 160 billion is a hell of a lot of money. Didn’t say it was too much or not enough. I said it was a bottomless pit which it is. Could double that money and probs be people waiting for treatment. I said both parties had accused each other of not spending enough. So once again jog on and don’t make assumptions of me you clown shoe.
Absolutely. And a shit example, at that.
and i have paid my taxes and ni for forty f***ing years so i can give a opinion on the nhs, and it was unbiased.

Last edited:
That’s exactly what it is.

go out and clap once eye ,but every week people trying to out do each other and video’ing their exploits is crap imo.
The mags went over the top with the MH17 crack and I think all this is heading the same way.

our lass works for the NHS
I voted Tory.
I don’t clap.

That should make a few people’s heads spin like Emily Roses’s on here.
Did you think it was shameful for Thatcher to enable council house tenants to buy their homes at enormously favourable prices? Bastards, those Tories!

A policy which benefited a hell of a lot of people which conveniently gets forgotten about

The first thing you thought of to confirm how good the Tories were was a policy that put cash in people's hands, whilst destroying our stock of social housing.
A policy from 30 years ago.

I think that says a lot about you tbh.

I think your comments say a lot about you tbh. Words like rabidly political, sanctimonious, smug, patronising, arrogant and Wolfie (power to the people) spring to mind.

And before you smugly correct me, I know that "rabidly political" isn't a word, but you get my drift.

Last edited:
Because you clap for a few minutes once a week?
No because I've worked for them for 14 years and I clap because I appreciate the work the frontline staff are doing. How many nurses and doctors have died fighting COVID. Can you imagine if that was Police Officers killed in a few weeks in the line of duty. Like I said I'm proud to be British and proud of the NHS. You do what you like.

A policy which benefited a hell of a lot of people which conveniently gets forgotten about

It was over 30 years ago and didn't benefit a hell of a lot of people too. It's not exactly a universally popular subject, like say the creation of the NHS or the health and safety at work act, or minimum wage. I'm not convinced either way on that subject to be honest. You'd think that being in power for the last 10 years that there would be an immediate list on the tip of the tongue of decent things they've done, either morally or economically.

@South Banker Wolf

My reply was to your quote of being the best country to live in in the world.

I don't think clapping once a week does that.

I've been clapping every single day for a month here in Spain along with the rest of the country . I don't think Spain is the best country to live in in the world.

In fact, I'm angry that governments like Spain, UK, Italy and more didn't do fuck all about it until it was too late.

Last edited:
@South Banker Wolf

My reply was to your quote of being the best country to live in in the world.

I don't think clapping once a week does that.

I've been clapping every single day for a month here in Spain along with the rest of the country . I don't think Spain is the best country to live in in the world.

In fact, I'm angry that governments like Spain, UK, Italy and more didn't do fuck all about it until it was too late.
That's fair enough mate and sorry if I came across arsey I didn't mean to.
Tbh I'm angry with China ( admitted 50% more deaths now?? ).
And I agree we did things too late. That will be reflected in our death rate which I think will be the highest in Europe. Hopefully this horrible virus will make mankind a little kinder. We can all hope aye.

Because it's a fun time when you can spend time with the family and friends and get presents and eat and drink etc
In what way would you need to be religious at all to do those things?
And why should folk be ashamed to admit to voting Tory....very strange
The ones who only voted for them to "get it done", forgetting it means another 5 years of them. The ones who knew and freely admitted that they didn't care that Johnson lies all the time, but it doesn't matter as long as we "get it done". They should be too ashamed to ever show their faces again.

Last edited:
In what way would you need to be religious at all to do those things?
You dont that's my point, you can celebrate christmas and not be religious, you can be tory and still admire and show gratitude to the nhs, you can vote labour and still not like Jeremy Corbyn.

Life isn't just black and white and it doesn't make you a hypocrite if sometimes your values collide.

Back