Right - outside - now

Exactly. And when the restrictions are lifted, people will move on very quickly.

and while they’re in the house, they’re posting on Facebook about how Boris is actually sound and how good a job the government are doing - despite no PPE for people in the NHS and the people they’re clapping for dying quite literally because of it
Was one street over Nooks, didn't really bother me that much tbh - it was just nice that folks were getting involved.
Don’t think it’s you that Nookie Bear is worried about tbh

there will have been numerous pets and animals absolutely terrified needlessly

Last edited:
140 billion a year to run the nhs is a f***ing hell of a lot of money, bottomless pit imho but wouldn’t want it changed, it’s a lifesaver,but both parties have been accused of not funding enough in the past.

I did it for a few weeks, but round our way it’s turning into a ‘who can do the most elaborate cheering’ etc uploading to Facebook ‘look at us being amazing cheering the bestest’
Every thing seems to turn into a social media craving for popularity...
My neighbours told me I should get my drum kit out on the front lawn and play....I declined because at 8pm some people are trying to get their kids to kip....and it’s not about me...it’s saying thanks to nhs staff and I don’t want to be filmed thanks.
When social media is used for the greater good, like that old fellah who’s raised millions and only wanted to raise a grand...I’m all for it, and he’s been amazing, true legend..

I stayed in last night and I raised a glass, it’s now down the the govt to pay them their true worth both financially and in support, because after this the public will be asking a lot of questions..
Ridiculous a drum kit mind. Kids are in bed.

140 billion a year to run the nhs is a f***ing hell of a lot of money, bottomless pit imho but wouldn’t want it changed, it’s a lifesaver,but both parties have been accused of not funding enough in the past.
The tories pull this shit too (across all public services). Quote a massive number, then state, without context "well, that's a lot of money we've put in". As if a big number automatically means its enough.

Its an absolute bullshit argument.
£638bn total tax revenue
£153bn spent on the NHS
24% of all revenue goes to the NHS. (Welfare & pensions are ~36%, Education 12%, Defence 5%, for reference)

In 2013, the NHS said they neede £30bn more to cope with the changing dynamics of healthcare (higher costs, ageing population etc) - this wasn't to increase quality, just to maintain it
Tories gave them £8bn, and then a few years later increased that to £10bn. Telling the NHS to find the other £20bn themselves.

Yeah, because the NHS hasn't tried to cut costs before.

And this is exactly what causes the situation I outlined about - Cuts cause stress on jobs, unhappyness in careers. This causes people to leave, and prevents recruitment because people don't want to join under these circumstances. Which causes things to get worse, more people to leave. And then you end up with

"In total, there were 41,722 nursing vacancies in the NHS compared to 35,794 in the fourth quarter of 2017-18 "

The point is, it costs what it costs. Not whatever big number you are scared of. The entire point of a tax system is to raise money to protect the people of that land.
Fact is, if the NHS had been properly supported when it asked in 2013, we'd have been FAR better placed to cope with this emergency. And we wouldn't have failed ever A&E performance target since the Tories were in power (to the point where the metrics have been abandoned now, as they are simply no longer possible under this regime).

But by all means, vote for these people, and then go out and clap for the people who are being thrown the lions.

Last edited:
The tories pull this shit too (across all public services). Quote a massive number, then state, without context "well, that's a lot of money we've put in". As if a big number automatically means its enough.

£638bn total tax revenue
£153bn spent on the NHS
24% of all revenue goes to the NHS. (Welfare & pensions are ~36%, Education 12%, Defence 5%, for reference)

In 2013, the NHS said they neede £30bn more to cope with the changing dynamics of healthcare (higher costs, ageing population etc) - this wasn't to increase quality, just to maintain it
Tories gave them £8bn, and then a few years later increased that to £10bn. Telling the NHS to find the other £20bn themselves.

And this is exactly what causes the situation I outlined about - Cuts cause stress on jobs, unhappyness in careers. This causes people to leave, and prevents recruitment because people don't want to join under these circumstances. Which causes things to get worse, more people to leave. And then you end up with

"In total, there were 41,722 nursing vacancies in the NHS compared to 35,794 in the fourth quarter of 2017-18 "

The point is, it costs what it costs. Not whatever big number you are scared of. The entire point of a tax system is to raise money to protect the people of that land.
Fact is, if the NHS had been properly supported when it asked in 2013, we'd have been FAR better placed to cope with this emergency. And we wouldn't have failed ever A&E performance target since the Tories were in power (to the point where the metrics have been abandoned now, as they are simply no longer possible under this regime).

But by all means, vote for these people, and then go out and clap for the people who are being thrown the lions.
That post deserves a clap actually.

How long before not clapping gets the same kind of treatment as not wearing a poppy?
Well I don’t clap.
I live in a village /ward that voted Tory and each and every one of them did that knowing exactly what this government thought of the nhs and the lowest paid in society and now my neighbours are outside bashing pans supporting us nhs worker when only a few months ago voted to oppress its workers with pay cuts and budget restraints.
Hypocrisy those clapping in south east Cornwall imo

£638bn total tax revenue
£153bn spent on the NHS

Interesting you quote 2013 when the world was in a recession.
Over the history of the NHS the Tories have been in power a heck of a lot more years than Labour so this old tripe of the Tories always destroying our beloved NHS is simply not true .
Last labour watch saddled the NHS with debt and also didn’t exactly do well with dirty hospitals and super bugs.
All parties don’t do justice to the NHS and it’s too big to pass about every 5 years . There needs to be a major rehaul of how it is looked after by a fit for purpose cross party organisation.

Last edited:
I’ll get pelters, but I think it’s nonsense

I’m a huge believer in the NHS. But I think it’s a disgrace the way it has been allowed to rot. Clapping changes nothing bar people thinking they’re making a difference.
I clap for the people who are on the frontline working their arses off caring and saving lives under extremely distressing and arduous circumstances. I am not clapping for the NHS itself, which is a lumbering overmanaged overadministered spendthrift organisation.

Interesting you quote 2013 when the world was in a recession.
Over the history of the NHS the Tories have been in power a heck of a lot more years than Labour so this old tripe of the Tories always destroying our beloved NHS is simply not true .
Last labour watch saddled the NHS with debt and also didn’t exactly do well with dirty hospitals and super bugs.
All parties don’t do justice to the NHS and it’s too big to pass about every 5 years . There needs to be a major rehaul of how it is looked after by a fit for purpose cross party organisation.
Ok, I'll take those 2 separately.

1 - The figures I quotes were from financial year end 2019. Not 2013.
The £30bn more needed just to maintain figure was from 2013, and its still valid today, so I don't see what other option I had there, or what your point even was anyway?

2 - Ah, classic whatabourarry. Labour made some mistakes, therefore Tories can do f***ing anything. Is that the point you're making, because if it is, its a f***ing shit one.
There is utterly no question that when Tony Blair came to power, the NHS was on its knees, and the Labour party had to rebuild it into a fairly decent service by all measures.
Then the Tories came back to power, and its on its knees again

That is not a coincidence. Not at all.

People setting off fireworks need setting on fire themselves , no need especially when it’s not even dark

The massive irony being they're setting off fireworks and putting themselves and others at risk of injury and the NHS is already creaking at the seams. f***ing brainless.
Imagine all those people of Bishop or Redcar out clapping :oops:

I wonder if only 62% got off their arses to show appreciation too

Last edited:

£638bn total tax revenue
£153bn spent on the NHS

Fuck you on about me go and vote for them. Just gave you a opinion, don’t need a lecture, get off your soapbox man.

No but there clearly has to be a cross over between folk who voted Tory and folk who are clapping. It's great that they are clapping, I'm all for it, but hopefully they realise the hypocrisy of thier ways and it reflects at the ballot box

In my opinion, and this is a public forum where opinions are allowed granted they arent inciting hatred or violence or prejudice, I think its shameful for a working class person to vote Tory
Did you think it was shameful for Thatcher to enable council house tenants to buy their homes at enormously favourable prices? Bastards, those Tories!

Did you think it was shameful for Thatcher to enable council house tenants to buy their homes at enormously favourable prices? Bastards, those Tories!

Is that the policy people were voting for in december 2019?

The video of them cheering when voting down nurses payrises was widely shared in the lead up to the latest election. People simply weren't bothered about it

Back