Right - outside - now

Status
Not open for further replies.

i've not clapped like. fair play to those that do

i done my bit at the ballot box in december, and i've been volunteering this week whilst furloughed

if you voted tory in december, in my opinion, you look like a f***ing helmet standing outside clapping now
Good on you for volunteering but what is your issue with clapping?

How long before not clapping gets the same kind of treatment as not wearing a poppy?
Missis said to me earlier "well have to go out and clap or everyone in the street........... Something something" can't exactly remember.
But the point being, yes, it's become mandatory. Like when we all used to be aghast at North koreans all out in the street to praise the supreme leader. We're on the same path. Sort of.
i've not clapped like. fair play to those that do

i done my bit at the ballot box in december, and i've been volunteering this week whilst furloughed

if you voted tory in december, in my opinion, you look like a f***ing helmet standing outside clapping now
Well done mate. Your absolutely right AND. You've actually done something tangibly useful.
Slacktivism is back with a vengeance on this topic.

Last edited:
I agree. As I said a few weeks back, the NHS workers would rather have had decent pay and funding of equipment etc for the last decade than a round of applause.

I assume those who think its brilliant will choose more sensibly next time they are in a ballot box and no longer vote for parties that do not respect it and never have.
It's not even about pay, its about the overall general working conditions.

Cuts lead to unhappiness
This leads to staff leaving
Then new staff won't join because of the working conditions
You end up with low staff but thousands of advertised vacancies. It's a vicious circle all because the tories set the wheels in motion years ago.

Fair pay is one part. But its about the whole picture. People have other career options when they are 20. If the nhs is seen to be a bloody hard place to work, where there will be staff shortage and unhappy people around you, many will choose another job. After ten years, you end up with...... Exactly what we have now.

no issue at all. just find it interesting that there appears to be millions clapping every week, and 17 million voted tory last december, but no one will admit to occupying both groups
Do you have to pick a side/group?

Theres six or seven nhs workers in my street and one of my best mates works in a mental health care home where he's been working many times over night on 16 hour shifts 5 and 6 days a week. And to me it nice just to show a bit gratitude.

Said it before, I know nurses, I have mates whose partners are nurses, my missus is a Dr. None of them expect any of the clapping etc, but every single one of them appreciates it.

Obviously each to their own and all that. I‘m personally invested so naturally biased with my opinion on the situation.

Do you have to pick a side/group?

Theres six or seven nhs workers in my street and one of my best mates works in a mental health care home where he's been working many times over night on 16 hour shifts 5 and 6 days a week. And to me it nice just to show a bit gratitude.

No you dont have to pick a side. I was just observing that 17 million people voted Tory no more that 4 months ago. 17 million voted for the party has purposely crippled the NHS and even cheered when a pay rise was voted down in the commons for the very people now receiving the applause

Now nobody will admit to voting for them and clapping. As they know it makes them look like a complete tit

Half of my family and friends work in the NHS or wider public sector, I show my gratitude to them every election by refusing to vote Tory.

I’ll clap when it helps nurses pay the bills or provides extra cover for threadbare shifts.

until then I’ll show my support at the ballot box.

clapping ffs. What are we, trained seals?
It may not help them pay the bills but I know it certainly puts a smile on their faces and makes them feel appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back