Ricky Ponting : The Leader of Legends

Difficult to judge as a captain due to the quality of his side, but a world class player. Was amazing in his few games for Surrey too, and seems a genuinely lovely bloke to boot

Read the autobiographies of Gilchrist, Langer and McGrath. From those and the commentary, interviews and articles they've recorded for sky they all come across as really nice guys with a passionate love of the game but once they cross that white line winning is all that matters to them. I see Ponting as being exactly the same. Look at his reaction to Stokes' innings, seemed genuinely in awe of the innings before he was upset about the loss for a team he was coaching at the time.

Read the autobiographies of Gilchrist, Langer and McGrath. From those and the commentary, interviews and articles they've recorded for sky they all come across as really nice guys with a passionate love of the game but once they cross that white line winning is all that matters to them. I see Ponting as being exactly the same. Look at his reaction to Stokes' innings, seemed genuinely in awe of the innings before he was upset about the loss for a team he was coaching at the time.
JL also came across as just a genuine cricket lover and a lovely fella with a winning mentality on The Test too Amazing too

Big fan of Ponting, like Gilly too

Langer is too much like, find him nauseating and very very David Brent

read all the books too

Ponting's commentary on Stokes innings is remarkable, I was at game (look at me) so only heard it all during lockdown, he called everything right before it happened, it was freakish, he is a top man

Superb batsman, seems like a decent bloke and don't mind him as a commentator/pundit.

Always thought he was a bang average captain though, don't think he ever got them playing better than the some of their parts.

Big fan of Ponting, like Gilly too

Langer is too much like, find him nauseating and very very David Brent

read all the books too

Ponting's commentary on Stokes innings is remarkable, I was at game (look at me) so only heard it all during lockdown, he called everything right before it happened, it was freakish, he is a top man
Langer is obviously an intense guy but I think that's just his will to win. I met someone who knows his family and they said you couldn't wish to meet a nicer couple. Who else would have picked that bin up? :lol:

love mcgrath on commentary, think he is excellent.

especially when he's having to commentate on england beating them mind

Watching on Sky, hated the bloke when he was playing but what a world class player, also seems a decent chap when speaking. I really detested him when he was Captain but he seems ok, anybody else hate or love him?
Made a right arse of himself going mental about that sub fielder a few years back.
That 2005 series man, fantastic, but no one will tell me we'd have won it if McGrath hadn't fkd himself treading on that ball.
Close run thing anyway but losing McVrath was crucial. Ha ha fk the aussies, they've had us plenty.

Made a right arse of himself going mental about that sub fielder a few years back.
That 2005 series man, fantastic, but no one will tell me we'd have won it if McGrath hadn't fkd himself treading on that ball.
Close run thing anyway but losing McVrath was crucial. Ha ha fk the aussies, they've had us plenty.

Tbh he was dead right, probably fun watching him go on, but it was bad crack by us and he had a point.

Back